Hidden info in picture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden info in picture?

I'd like to know if anyone is familiar with the following and knows what it depends on:

I saved a picture to my desktop (I'm using a Mac with OSX). When I open it to view it in either the Preview program or iPhoto the picture looks the same as it did on the website I took it from.
    But.
    When I open up the desktop folder, mark the picture and get a preview of it I can all of a sudden see much more of it, just as if the picture had been cropped and I'm now seeing the original.

Anyone that knows what's going on and if there's any way to see the whole picture outside of preview mode?

Strange. Can you upload the picture?
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

And a bit of googling later (I, erm, remembered something about erm someone from techtv being naked in a thumbnail )

DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Thanx Gnep! I owe you one.

So it's a photoshop bug that's the reason...

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
          And a bit of googling later (I, erm, remembered something about erm someone from techtv being naked in a thumbnail )

http://www.hutta.com/thumbs/index.html
          speaking about naked techtv girls, wasn't one of them supposed to do a spread in playboy?
          /meow
          Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
          Asus Striker ][
          8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
          Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

BTW, question #2:

Since the information about the original picture is embedded in the shape of a thumbnail (in the cases where the Photoshop bug has struck), is there any way to restore/rebuild a picture to its original using a thumbnail? I'm thinking something like this: One piece thumbnail, one piece genius computer program = presto, picture in original size. ???

Comment

The thumbnail is of much lower resolution (thus detail) than the real pic. A computer cannot produce information (resolution) where there is none - it can just guess (which is what it does when you magnify a picture). You could blow up the thumbnail to where the part overlapping the high-resolution image has the original picture's dimensions, but it would look horrible. You could paste the hi-res part onto the blown-up image. This way you could give the hi-res image back its context, but it will look quite bad.
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
              X