My hero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My hero

The only man from this list who doesn't need a cockometer (marvelous article, BTW)
    Attached Files

He probably saves a whole lof on insurance compared to the rest of em. Some of the richest people are also some of the most penny scratching people too.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
      He probably saves a whole lof on insurance compared to the rest of em. Some of the richest people are also some of the most penny scratching people too.
      He probably doesn't pay insurance. Assuming (big assumption) that it works like the US in this regard, he can just have a bond set up so that he's self-insured.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I think Zokes was talkin about the car, not health insurance (I have impression you mean that...)
        And considering that he's Swede...yeah, he still has to pay

Comment

Yup, meant car insurance.

Comment

Oh, and he doesn't necceserilly saves anything...it's typical in Europe for the insurence to be quite higher when the car is old. I just don't know where the threshold in Sweden is (if any).

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere
              Oh, and he doesn't necceserilly saves anything...it's typical in Europe for the insurence to be quite higher when the car is old. I just don't know where the threshold in Sweden is (if any).
              Huh? The older your car is here, the less you pay for insurance. Wierd.

Comment

Older cars pollute much more/burn more fuel per HP/are less safe...

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere
                  I think Zokes was talkin about the car, not health insurance (I have impression you mean that...)
                  Nope, meant car insurance. It's most common with large companies to self-insure their car fleets, but individuals can usually do it too (If you have a spare million dollars).
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

OK, short description how car insurance/taxes works here, and I think in many places in Europe it's similar:
                    there are three things to pay, two compulsory and one not. The first is for paying the one you had hit in accident and not much more. Its price depends on how long you drive (drive, not just have driving license) without accidents (lowers cost) and how old is the car (up, but slower than the previous lowering). The second kind you don't have to pay - it's for repairing your car when again you hit somebody/paying when the car gets stolen/burned/etc. Similar rules apply with lower price...
                    And third, also compulsory - road tax. You pay it when you buy fuel. Obviously more in less effective/more polluting (the "lead petrol" is quite pricy now...same as diesel) car.

And no company can get away with 1st and 3rd. They can only play with second.

Comment

Dude is a double-digit billionaire, you really think he is driving an older car because of insurance?
                      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                      Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

My initial point was rather other way around...

PS. Besides the true point was about cockometer
                        Last edited by Nowhere; 27 March 2006, 13:49.

Comment

Originally posted by |Mehen|
                          Dude is a double-digit billionaire, you really think he is driving an older car because of insurance?
                          Honestly, you never know. He could be driving an older car to 'blend in'. My uncle knows this millionaire that saves EVERY pop can just so he can collect his 5 cents and if you throw one out and he'll even go through the garbage to get it back. Money has a wierd effect on people.

Comment

Did you actually read what he said about "why"?...

Comment

The only ones on that top 10 list with really flashy cars are Bill Gates, Paul Allen, and Larry Ellison. Oh, and that Saudi prince has a Rolls..

Comment

Working...
                              X