Adobe Reader Enterprise Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe Reader Enterprise Edition

I'm sure many of you have noticed that latest, 7.0, version of Adobe Reader is tremendously faster in startup times...but it still has some things I don't like.
    Enter Enterpise Edition, without Yahoo Toolbar, to start
    Download free Adobe Acrobat Reader software for your Windows, Mac OS and Android devices to view, print, and comment on PDF documents.

I noticed it was fast too, but i attributed that to my fast, new hardware (mainly my 10K Raptor drive).

Comment

Nope, it's very fast also on quite low-end today 80GB Barracuda 7200.7 with 2MB of cache (and other things in this league...XP 1700+ and 256MB of RAM for example)

Comment

Newer version of Adobe have a startup program ... uh ... Adobe Quickstart, or something like that, which starts with the computer. It loads a bunch of crap at startup, so when you launch a PDF it pops up faster. So you lose time at boot and system resources, but gain time when Adobe Reader starts.
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I turned it off. It's still much faster (did soe lenghty "startup time optimisation" during install...)

Comment

Foxit is still plenty fast for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmallowman
              It's fast, but it doesn't print for me.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

What's that, some firefox plugin that reads pdfs?

Comment

nah, its a fast small standalone pdf reader.

The best free PDF reader & viewer used by over 700 million users. Download Foxit PDF Reader for Windows, Mac, Android & more today!

Comment

nah, its a fast small standalone pdf reader.
                    It's a great little program for .pdf files. If you try it, I doubt that you'll ever use Acrobat Reader again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom
                      It's a great little program for .pdf files. If you try it, I doubt that you'll ever use Acrobat Reader again.
                      I used to feel that way. Foxit is great, but it can't print the damn documents. Reader7 is much faster than 6. Slower than Foxit, but not by too much. Reader also has a much better document search, and can print, so it's my default now.
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                      X