Annoying Excel weirdness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying Excel weirdness

One of the people in my office is having problems with a spreadsheet I created, on opening the sheets tabs are disabled???

Everyone else who uses the spreadsheet doesn't have this issue (it is a shared workbook) I've checked her machine and tools->options->sheet tabs is ticked, I even added an on-open macro into the workbook to show the tabs ActiveWindow.DisplayWorkbookTabs = 1.

I can save the spreadsheet with the tabs hidden and on opening on my machine the macro shows then, not on her PC though.

Both running Excel 2003....anyone any ideas what it could be.

Has she got any wierd addins installed, or some dodgy macro attached to her default workbook?
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Nope, infact it is a clean install of Office.

Only add-in they have installed is the one that lets me use NETWORKDAYS()

Comment

Bizarre then. Never seen this happen meself so not much help. Wierdness usually comes from dodgy excel plugins, but if it's a clean install then it can't be that. Unless she's in some wierd variation of the page-break preview type mode? Presume you've tried googling as well for similar instances....
        DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Tried searching around, couldn't really find anything useful, other then ActiveWindow.DisplayWorkbookTabs = 1 which is supposed to show them.

Going to try a clean install, see if that makes a difference.

Comment

I've never come across that before. Have you tried a 'Detect and Repair'?
            FT.

Comment

If it's a shared workbook, could it be security settings on the file or it's folder?
              Chuck
              秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
              X