Stoned Tokyo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoned Tokyo

Yeah, cheesy thread title. I lucked out and get to see the Rolling Stones at the Tokyo Dome in a few hours.

I'm not a huge fan and I was less than impressed with their Super Bowl appearance, but hey, they're not exactly young guys anymore. Plus, well, I get to the Stones in Japan. It's almost as good as a "walked 30 miles in the snow..." tale.

Should be interesting.

In other news, our local yeti should be enjoying himself on a small pacific island
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Superbowl performances always sound/look bad, they totally eliminate the crowd noise, and it is too loud in there for jagger to hear what the hell is going on (if he still has his hearing)

They will be great I'm sure - lucky you!

(yes that is a cheesy thread title, but hey, you got at least one response so far )
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

All aggregate 265 years of them!
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Sigh. It appears I won't be seeing the Stones afterall. Went to the station to wait for my companion to the concert, who had the tickets. 40 minutes go by and I'm still waiting. Trek back to the apartment and have several messages from said companion asking where I was.

So apparently I went to either the wrong station or the wrong part of the station. Very frustrating on many levels. Mind you, this was my boss and without a certain yeti as a translator, it's going to be slightly hard to explain. I wait around and get frustrated. He does the same.

Hope he made it to the concert in time. Bleh.

Comment

that sucks.!!! sorry to hear bud
          www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

That's ok.
            He'll get to work 18 hours a day to make up for it.
            Chuck
            秋音的爸爸

Comment

Sadly, why I may not actually work that many hours in a day, my brain doesn't realize that...

Good to see you're still alive Liz

Comment

Wow.. that sucks hard. Better to have met somewhere you were both sure of. Sorry to hear.

Comment

So lets get this straight:

Dan takes a quick holiday and ships in another Gaijin, hoping the boss won't notice the difference?

All us Gaijins look the same, so it must be safe
                  FT.

Comment

Actually I was filling in for the boss' wife

Comment

That could be taken so many ways
                      Last edited by Fat Tone; 27 March 2006, 05:43.
                      FT.

Comment

thanks Jess.. ive been offline making a photography bookP
                        www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone
                          That could be taken so many ways
                          Yes, yes it could. Dirty western minds

Originally posted by Lizzard[MPE]
                          thanks Jess.. ive been offline making a photography bookP
                          Good to hear. I'll be honest, still trying to find the right place to frame and hang the photo poster I've got of yours. Have it hanging next to my desk at the moment and I always get comments about it from guests. Where was it taken and who is the photographer type inquiries.

Oh and I promise, this time I will get the damn squid to you...
                          I'm terrible at following up on things like that, but I figure I've made you wait long enough

Comment

Squid.. bleh. I suppose it's in the preparation. The only squid I have tried was some nasty, heavily salted stuff that came in a bag.. I think it was squid jerky. Bleh.

Comment

This is indeed squid jerky, if you want to call it that. Actually there's two differently prepared kinds that I am in possession of. So yes, the taste is largely in the preparation and style. I prefer a style that is lighter in color (almost a white) than most of the darker varieties.

If you've gotten it in the states then there is a good chance that it is Korean in nature, which can result in a whole different flavour than what is available here in Japan. I'm not fond of the taste of the Korean varieties.

Comment

Working...
                              X