Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell buys Alienware!?!

It seems Dell has bought Alienware....

Is it a way for them to both sell AMD cpu based computers and still claim that they dont?

Or will they make Alienware drop AMD cpu's ? (Intel would love that )

Cnet
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Sucks for people who like Alienware, and those who work there. Kiss another cool PC company goodbye. Dell will destroy their quality, service, support, and reputation.

Comment

Hmmm...so, Dell buys Alienware, IBM sells its PC division (and everyone who has seen new Lenovo laptops knows they will become mediocre...), other players also go cheap (exception of HP overall and Toshiba & Fujitsu Siemens laptops?)...what will be left, Apple only?

Comment

Originally posted by rylan
        Sucks for people who like Alienware, and those who work there. Kiss another cool PC company goodbye. Dell will destroy their quality, service, support, and reputation.
        Or they can make Alienware a division of Dell to strictly focus on gaming machines.

Comment

I'm too old for Alienware, don't particulary like Dell. Quite interested with the sony's and what ever lenovo come up with.

Comment

I never liked Sony. Too many proprietary parts, and their performance has been below par on every one we have used here at work.
            "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

consumer dials up support on the line

support rep: Good day, this is Alienware support, how can I help you?
              consumer: I am having a graphics issue and gaming is slow.
              support rep: DUDE, what'd ya expect? You bought a DELL (maniacal laughter)
              Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

On the bright side, you can now (with same maniacal laughter) ask people buying Alienware for their fancy look "so, how's your Dell?"

Comment

Working...
                X