Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dvdMAX and Adobe Premiere

What OS and driver version?

With 5.33 on W2K I can get just about any window that plays video to go out the DVDmax on my G450 dualhead.

The only exception seems to be if the same clip is being displayed in two windows, then only the first window to get the clip plays it out DVDmax. Of course this only works if only a single window is playing video. If I somehow get multiple windows playing video, only the "first" window to start playing goes out the DVDmax.

My experence is strictly with DV. HuffYUV, for example, does not play out DVDmax in any situation as far as I can tell.

--wally.

dvdMAX and Adobe Premiere

In Adobe Premiere where i have 2 windows with video, i can watch on TV ind DVDmax mode only left windows. Not preview window, where i mixing video. It is any tip, how can i get second window do dvdMAX mode on TV ?

Comment

when i edit dv, i have to gi through my camera to get it to go to an analogue svhs signal. but when i do it's perfect. mebbee i should unplug the cam and see what happens

Comment

My comments apply to G450 and Premiere6.

Media Studio Pro 6 does not work very well with the DVDmax feature of the G450. Basically only the source window plays back and scrubs correctly. Only timeline playback goes out the DVDmax -- timeline scrubs and single frame advance don't work which seriously reduce its utility.

In Premiere 6 make sure "display DV on desktop" is checked if you want to see both DV and DVDmax output when the camcorder is hooked up.

Premiere6 and the G450 DVDmax features are making me think about switching to Premiere once I figure out a few things.

Unfortunately the Cleaner5EZ bundled with Premiere6 is every bit as crappy as the Ligos bundled with MSP6 when it comes to VCD format mpegs (haven't tried anything else -- DV edited to VHS is my main work, I make VCD format mpegs for promo/give-aways and the occasional *.asf or *.rm to Email, but the quality of these is tolerable at best -- I'd never call them good but 1min of video can be crammed into something that gets thru most mail systems.

--wally.

Comment

Working...
        X