X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G450 eTV frames dropping

AMD T-Bird 700 (slot a)
    Via KX133 mobo
    20GB WD DMA100 drive (8/8/2.5/.5 GB partitions)
    128MB RAM
    Marvel G450 eTV

Just got the Marvel G450 to do some video editing stuff. When I use Ulead Video Studio SE I drop frames left and right resulting in crap for playback. I have Adobe Premier 4.2 and when I record with it (compression=none, video format=16bit rgb) I drop frames on the order of about 80%. If I record with no compression it'll record for about 2 seconds (60frames) and then start dropping huge numbers.

What am I doing wrong?

Update: I've ben checking out my system, seems that my hard drive was in ms dos compatibility mode. Uninstalled VIA drivers and reinstalled em without DMA enabled and it records much better (less than 1% dropped frames).

Using YUY2 for compression and video mode fails in Premier. Additionally, using ANY form of compression causes the number of dropped frames to rise tremendously as does raising the capture resolution to 640x480.

Anyone know what's going on?
    ------------------
    The Future Was Yesterday

http://members.theglobe.com/reflexx1

[This message has been edited by logic7 (edited 28 May 2001).]

[This message has been edited by logic7 (edited 28 May 2001).]

Are you capturing with or without sound? What type of sound card are you using?

I noticed that when capturing with sound, different sound cards have different success rates. For example, using the on-board CMI 8378 sound causes a drop every 15 seconds or so. The SBLive (with 4.31 drivers) results in a drop every 15 minutes.

Comment

Working...
    X