Help me identify this Parhelia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me identify this Parhelia?

Its for sale and the owner does not know whether it is one of the early 4X mdels or not. The only info I have is this:
    PH-A128B

or

PBN04549

I have seen conflicting information but I believe that the later (good) cards had a part number of PH-A8X128 or suchlike. Am I correct? And are the newer cards substantially better?
    Thankyou
    J.

Hi,

PH-A128B is the original Parhelia AGP-4x, bulk version.
    It has slightly lower clock speeds than the original retail version (PH-A128R).

Parhelia AGP-8x contains some bugfixes and it's also a bit faster due to higher clocks.

Comment

Great, thanks Mikko. Is the newer one any quieter? I hear that the Mk1 has a beastly little 7200rpm fan on it?

Comment

I didn't really noticed any difference, when I upgraded my old card to an agp-8x version. IMO, the fan is pretty quiet for its size, somewhere between 25-30 dB.

Comment

Dont buy one which is not agp 8x, not because of the increased AGP speed - but it fixes annoying bugs and is way faster than the origional parhelia.

Think i remember core clocks on the origional as 225/250 (cpu/memory) and on the 8x its 250/300 (dont quote me on this its from memory).
          However i overclocked my 8x to 300/380 without any problem what-so-ever using powerstrip.
          is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
          Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Working...
          X