Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunderbird: send later

Hello,

I'm advising a friend of mine to use Thunderbird, but I'm missing a simple feature. She is using a dialup internet, and it would be convenient to be able to compose messages, and have them send when she connects.

Currently, the compose message window only has a 'send' button, which yields the dial-up screen when clicked.

So is there an extension or something like it to have the messages moved to the outbox (or unsent folder, not sure which one it should be) ?
    (there is a 'send later' hotkey, but no button)

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

When you click close it asks if you want to save it, it saves to the drafts folder and you can send from there later on....probably not exactly what you want.

Comment

http://outbox.mozdev.org/ or

... should do what she wants/needs nicely. I'd go with the later as it seems to be more thorougly tested.

Basically Thunderbird already provides the 'Send Later' button in offline mode, so these extensions just provide online access to it with some other nice features (such as a 'Send All' button).
      Last edited by Jessterw; 13 March 2006, 04:35.
      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterzwild
        Thanks!
        I checked the extensions list, but didn't find it...

Basically Thunderbird already provides the 'Send Later' button in offline mode, so these extensions just provide online access to it with some other nice features (such as a 'Send All' button).
        Nope... (I tested it)
        It has the send later functionality in a hotkey, but not in a button.

Jörg
        pixar

Comment

Hrm, in my copy of Thunderbird, if you go offline and then open a compose window, the 'Send' button will change to a 'Send later' button.

With the extensions you will need to customize the toolbars to add the buttons before they will show.
          “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Yes, I was expecting it to do something like that... But it didn't.
            We also closed Thunderbird after disconnecting from the internet, but even when we restarted Thunderbird it didn't show the send later button.

Thanks for the info; guess I'll have to go their again to customize the toolbars.

Jörg
            pixar

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterzwild
              I found it!
              Only problem is that it doesn't autodetect wheter it is offline or online (mine and her Thunderbird seems to always think it is online). But it can be changed by clicking that cable-like icon in the bottom left.

Jörg
              pixar

Comment

Working...
              X