I want one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want one

It would be fun to have in your house, though the novelty would quickly dissappear since Quake 3 and (maybe) UT will surely be the only things capable to run at 10000x3000 and have Linux support.
    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

all UT's have nix support
      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

you would need something like Quad SLI to run a newer UT at that res though

They should just get a projector!
        (FarCry @ 100"+ looks amazing)
        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
        Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Yeah a nice HD projector would probably do a better job, but with their setup you can actually wrap the screens around your view point.

Comment

3 projectors + Parhelia
            Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
            Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Originally posted by |Mehen|
              3 projectors + Parhelia
              3 projectors +sli + matroxtriplehead2Go - and if you shopped around it would not cost you *that* much. Certainly less than 3 plasma's or an lcd wall!!! could probably get 3 decent budget projectors for a grand (£'s)off ebay - then your sli/triplehead2go costs. Would pack hell of a display for £2G.
              is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
              Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

All that effort and money spent on video and I bet he's STILL using a pair of $29 shit speakers from wal-mart. Or he really went all out and got the $199 crap 5.1 setup and thinks that's the best to be had. "oooh.. but it says THX right here on it!"

I would bet that 3 40" LCD panels would be a lot simpler and cheaper, and get you most of the feeling of playing on that. And if you added a real receiver and speakers, you would probably stripe your underware.

Hell, just use 3 of these

Comment

Have to ask, did you even read anything that has been said here and there? Jesus f* christ.

Oh and I'm looking at getting a plasma display at Walmart
                  “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterzwild
                    Have to ask, did you even read anything that has been said here and there? Jesus f* christ.

Oh and I'm looking at getting a plasma display at Walmart
                    What did I miss?

Oh, and if I'm ignorant, at least I don't act like I'm proud to be. Is wally world really the full extent of your shopping options? You do know there are better things out there than the cheap-is-good bare bones crap they sell, right?

Comment

Wooooooooooooooossssssssssssssssh
                      there goes the clue bus
                      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

lets just try to explain what a clue bus is.
                        the clue bus would be in the link that says 'our lab '

woooooooooooooooooooooooooossssssssssssssshhhhhhhh hhhhh
                        clue bus
                        Juu nin to iro

Comment

Alright, it's $100,000+ worth of panels and servers and associated stuff to run video situated in a lab, right? Someone decides to rig up Quake 3 on it, nes pas? I was merely commenting that it would be twice the experience if he had the sound to match it. Now just HOW am I being so f-ing clueless?

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq
                            lets just try to explain what a clue bus is.
                            the clue bus would be in the link that says 'our lab '

woooooooooooooooooooooooooossssssssssssssshhhhhhhh hhhhh
                            clue bus
                            Ah, yes.. but still, bring in your home theater system and it would really make it kick.

Comment

Because you were specifically targetting an individual in the assumption that he spent all this money on creating this sort of setup only to use the cheap Walmart speakers you knew he was. It's a test bed, and quite obviously this individual, who works for a group that has funded the purchasing of such said equipment, simply wanted to see what it would look like.

You were doing more than commenting experience, you were spreading more of your hatred.

Oh and you're too easy to bait. I have better things to spend my money on than a plasma display from anywhere.
                              “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Working...
                              X