• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gp

Leading positions after 44 laps:

1 F Alonso (Renault)

2 M Schumacher (Ferrari)

3 K Raikkonen (McLaren)

Raikonnen is doing fantastically, as he started last on the grid.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

And this is how it ended. Hats off to Raikonnen to have climbed up from last to third and also to Alonso, of course.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

You're bored today, aren't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere
        You're bored today, aren't you?
        lol, he was probably just posting during the commercial break.
        I thought this opening Grand Prix was a very good starter for the season.

Comment

I liked the qualifying session... Esp. the traffic jam out of the pits after it was resumed following Raikonnen's crash.

The race was nice too; it shows the season has the makings of a tense one (teams are pretty close). Poor Massa: he was doing so fine (also providing a nice tense ending of the qualifying session); he didn't recover from that mishap during the wheel change. Also, poor Fiscicella: he had all the bad luck last year, and it seems to be happening all over again...

Kudoz to Rosberg: moving from 9th to 7th in the last couple of laps, and this for an F1 rookie.

Jörg
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

my thoughts on the race:
            - it was an incredible feat how Alonso managed to avoid a collision with Massa
            - it would have been a lot more interesting if Räikkönen didn't start at the back of the grid
            - if Alonso would have wasted just a split second the moment when he got out of his second pitstop, Schumacher would have been in first position.

all in all, I agree with VJ that the next few races will probably be very interesting with 3 contenders that all are closely matched in their car and skill

Comment

Oh, on ITV, they said the following about F1 cars:
              -
              They go from 0-100 MPH and back to 0 in ... 6 seconds
              -

Jörg
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

An excellent start to the season.

The new qually format makes that worth watching again. Maybe the final 20 mins could be tweaked, but I guess that adds a lot to the tactics: They start with race fuel, then are given 2.75l of fuel per lap to put back in the tank afterwards. Obviously they start the 20 minute session just burning fuel to get lighter and faster, but the sooner they go faster the more fuel they burn which affects race-fuel levels.

The race was nice for all the aforementioned reasons, esp. Alonso getting out of the final pit stop in front of Schui, and making it stick. It was nice to see MS being so genuinely pleased with being back on form. Even after all these years it still means so much to him.

I have to wonder how the whole thing would have been without Raikonnen's mishap.
                FT.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
                  Oh, on ITV, they said the following about F1 cars:
                  -
                  They go from 0-100 MPH and back to 0 in ... 6 seconds
                  -

Jörg
                  I think the actual words were "0-100 in 3.6, and back to 0 in another 3". Still no matter what!
                  FT.

Comment

Working...
                  X