Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for powered bookshelf speakers

Is there such a thing?

Basically I want to buy my wife a Linksys music bridge for her birthday. It basically allows you to stream music (wirelessly) to wherever you put it. It has RCA, line, and optical out for audio.

Would I be better off just buying some powered computer speakers? Or are there better sounding speakers that I could use? I don't want to buy a receiver to power the speakers, I just want to connect speakers. My budget for the speakers are ~$100, give or take a $20. Any suggestions is appreciated. Thanks!
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

What about these?

I like these because they are self powered, no subwoofer and they seem decent. My wife isn't going to nit pick over one speaker or the other, but I will occasionally use them as well.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Have you thought about a Roku Soundbridge as music player? www.rokulabs.com

Sorry, no advice on speakers available.
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az
        Have you thought about a Roku Soundbridge as music player? www.rokulabs.com
        Yep, I looked at those. Most of them are too expensive and beyond my needs. I like the linksys because it is simple and cheap

Comment

OK

What I like about them is that the TV can stay off when listening to music. The M1000 isn't that expensive.
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
          X