PD question on G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PD question on G400

I've installed the latest Matrox drivers for my G400 Max, 5.93.9, via Windows Update on my new W2KPro Installation. I apparently had been running a slightly older version on my W2KAS installation on the same box. Several features now seem to be changed or missing (like separate resolutions on DH). I now have to double my vertical resolution versus checking 'stretch across displays'.

First off ... how do you relocate the controls on the taskbar (far right) so they appear on the primary display versus the secondary?
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

You installed video drivers via Windows Update?

Why didn't you get the driver from Matrox?

I've had nothing but trouble with driver updates (for just about any type of hardware) via Windows Update.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

I used WindowsUpdate because I didn't want to browse to any other sites until I had finished updating my system and installing anti-virus/spyware apps and a firewall.

The driver version matches the latest on the Matrox site. I liked the older drivers (apparently 5.92.6 according to my latest download) much better and I may revert to them unless I can get a handle on the latest ones. Many things appear to be missing.
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I would try downloading the drivers from Matrox. The Windows Update drivers are often borked.

Also, the SE drivers may work. Those are pretty awesome when they work. Sometimes the installer will detect my card and allow the SE drivers to be installed... and sometimes it won't. That's Matrox!
        P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Installed the 5.93.9 drivers from the Matrox download. Turns out the difference is that the WinUpdate install doesn't query you for the 'separate resolutions' option initially. I normally run with the separate resolution option which shows the "extend my desktop" option, management of the memory split between heads, and some other features that don't appear with the 'same resolution' option. The main difference that bugs me is that the 'same resolution' option extends the task bar across both monitors. I'm back to separate resolutions and everything's o.k..

Comment

Working...
          X