Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Printer Issues with Windows 2000 Server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printer Issues with Windows 2000 Server?

I just added a LaserJet 1022 to my Windows 2000 Server via USB. I also have my Deskjet 960C Inkjet connected to it using USB. Now I can't print to 960...the only thing I can think of is that both of them are hooked up USB and that might be causing the issue...anyone ever run across anything like this?
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Sorta difficult to say. Try unplugging printer 2 and see if printer 1 works. If it does, plug printer 2 into a different usb port, they might be going on the same power supply, shrug I dunno. Could just get a hub to plug them into, that might help.

Did you add a new port to the server when adding printer 2? If they're both running off the same port (or trying to), then that's trouble, you can't do that with dissimilar hardware, if at all, iirc. Might as well check the spool area is still there too, and enlarge it for the 2 printers.

Whats in your event log when you try to print to printer 1?

My first guess is the ports are messed up, should be usb01 and usb02 I think... I'm really tired and can't be bothered to check just now! Apologies if any of my info is correct, I haven't used usb printers for a while

If you're every going to be adding more printers, and even now if you can afford it, I would go for ethernet print servers rather than plugging printers directly into a server, and preferably not d-link ones. Or network-ready printers that have built-in print servers are the same thing.
    Last edited by Whirl-Secret; 10 March 2006, 19:46.

Comment

Working...
    X