Alabama church fires....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alabama church fires....

Dunno if you guys have been following this story overseas or not, but it fries my bacon to no small degree;

Church fires....

If one of those were my kid I'd bail the little SOB out and shoot him myself

Note: one of them is a self-discribed satanist. All 3 go to a liberal arts college with two majoring in theater and one pre-med.

Guess they missed the classes on tolerance

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

LOL, they caught them by their tire-tracks in Alabama...guess quite a few people were impressed by My Cousin Vinny
    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

"You ought to be going to school to be intelligent," said Cleopatra Harris, 79, of Gainesville, Ala., the mother of the pastor at Spring Valley Baptist Church.
      This lady obviously did not go to school if she thinks that schools teach intelligence

It has hardly reached the media here; one small paragraph on an inside page, well in.
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I'm not surprised it has not gotten more press..

Comment

Never heard about it in the local (Dutch) papers. Don;t think this story needed to be run here.
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

People used to have respect for houses of worship, whatever their opinions might have been about the particular pastor there at the time. I wonder how many times these bastards heard some anti-religionist spewing their mantra that religion is the root of all evil before they did this. Looks like this disproves that theory.

The anti-religionist press is probably too embarrassed to make this the big story it should be.

Comment

Was reported, not on "front pages" though...and that's fine.
              KvH...nobody got hurt, so no big story. I'm sorry the vandals (pure and simple) have dissapointed you in that regard

Comment

Their college was Unitied Methodist, that's christian, no? AFAICS it's one christian sect against another, nothing anti-religionist's worry to be embarrassed about.

In fact, I'd wager more houses of worship are being destroyed by people who consider themselves religious than by atheists.

ROFL. if the liberal media would have reported big time on this, you'd have them accused ofg being anti-religion by reporting on crimes from the methodist branch while being silent on crimes comitted by atheists.
                Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend
                  Their college was Unitied Methodist, that's christian, no? AFAICS it's one christian sect against another, nothing anti-religionist's worry to be embarrassed about.

In fact, I'd wager more houses of worship are being destroyed by people who consider themselves religious than by atheists.

ROFL. if the liberal media would have reported big time on this, you'd have them accused ofg being anti-religion by reporting on crimes from the methodist branch while being silent on crimes comitted by atheists.
                  Turns out it had little to with religion. They did for "fun" and as a "joke." Though one of the purportedly claims to be a Satanist (I would guess the one that transfered out of the church school). In the end they did it because they got bored while hunting, and well, we all know what happens when teenagers get bored...
                  “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                  –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I am sorry. I did not really mean to submit that this was a religious thing at all. I just found the accusation as would the "anti-religion press" have something to be embarrased about in this case rather stupid.

BTW, where does it say one is a self declared satanist?

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend
                      I am sorry. I did not really mean to submit that this was a religious thing at all. I just found the accusation as would the "anti-religion press" have something to be embarrased about in this case rather stupid.

BTW, where does it say one is a self declared satanist?
                      Oh, there was plenty in the press here that called it "anti-religious." The satanist thing I was just quoting from Doc, don't know his source.
                      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Several online sources like CourtTV and many others reported that DeBusk, one of the three charged in the case, had described himself as a "satanist" long before the fires were set.

Dr. Mordrid
                        Dr. Mordrid
                        ----------------------------
                        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Than...he's not really anti-religious, no?

Comment

LOL, I _did_ think about putting that...

Comment

Working...
                            X