Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• universal laptop power supply

Hello,

I'm looking for a more convenient powersupply. My Fujitsu-Siemens laptop has a (relatively small) powersupply with the following specs:
    -
    output: 16 V =; 3.75 A
    -
    I also have a Plextor PX-608U (which always needs its small powersupply), specced:
    -
    output: 5 V=; 2 A
    -

The net result is that I'm always carrying 2 powersupplies (and two power cables), causing sort of a clutter (I need 2 sockets to work everything). There are third party powersupplies that claim to be useful for multiple devices at once, for instance:
    70 W: http://www.targus.com/uk/product_det...sp?sku=APM10EU
    90 W: http://www.targus.com/uk/product_det...sp?sku=APM12EU
    in combination with the dual power solution:
    Embrace the opportunity to work from anywhere & discover the top computer accessories, laptop bags, docking stations, & more from Targus. Learn more.

iGo also has such power supplies.

It would be interesting if it would also allow power from a 12V socket (in car or airplane); both the iGo and the Targus have this.

I have also seen the mfuel powerbank
    This is a pretty simple product, though one we don't see enough of on the market. A little bigger than a hardcover book, the MFUEL Universal Power bank can charge 2 portable electronics products anywhere. It comes with a bunch of adapters that should cover most of your needs and uses Lithium-ion power that it gets…

which has its own lithium battery (can be interesting too, but this isn't mandatory)

Would something like that be sufficiant to provide power to my 2 devices?
    Any comments on such power supplies?

Basically I want:
    - power the 2 devices (see specs) at the same time
    - be able to use 12V power (car/airplane)
    - to carry less cables/weight in power supplies (needing only 1 socket)

What would you guys recommend?

Jörg
    Last edited by VJ; 9 March 2006, 09:30.
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Well, I contacted them to ask about compatibility with my devices.

They will check the laptop and answer me. However, regarding the DVD-drive, they say it is not in the supported hardware, andthey won't check further (at least I got that impression).

Considering the specifications, do you guys think it ought to work? Would you try it?

How can I find out if there is a compatible tip, and if so which one it is?

Do you perhaps know of alternatives?

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
    X