Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what benefit does rt.x100 and premeire 2.0 have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what benefit does rt.x100 and premeire 2.0 have?

Hi,
    I am wondering what benefits my rt.x100 will have with premeire 2.0? I have a few ideas floating around in my head. I have three pcs. I could leave my rt.x100 and run it with 6.5 and use it to capture analog video. I could capture to a external hard drive . Then use premeire 2.0 on a different system. This is the system I am thinking about with premeire 2.0.:

Audio Aria Micro pc #2
    Amd64 3400
    Gigabyte K8M800M
    2x512 Corsair xms
    160Gb
    DVD Burner
    X800
    Audigy 2zs
    XP Pro

My main question is how do you get tv preview from encore or premeire with/without rt.x100?

Which system will run premeire 2.0 better? One is slower, has 2 gb of ram,has the rt.x100, has seperate drives and has a raid-0 / one has 1 gb of ram, faster processer, but it is a amd.

is intel better then amd for premeire 2.0?

Am all I losing is the matrox effects? Anything else the rt adds?

I supose one benefit would be no dropped frames?

any ideas or suggestions? I encode the finished avi with cinecraft basic, usually 2 pass vbr.
    Last edited by nunchalnaomi; 8 March 2006, 19:41.
    asus p4 533 c P4 2.53
    4x512 1066 samsung Rambus Ram ( @533)
    120gb or 80 gb system maxtor (ata 133 ) ( removable caddie)
    240 gb ( with 8 mb buffer) raid-o
    250 gb (w/ 8 mb buffer) removable caddie ( plus 10 gb ghost,250 Gb,160 GB,40 Gb, etc)
    Sony Mutli Format DVD burner
    samsung 40x cdrw burner
    Santa Cruz Turtle Beach Soundcard
    Aardvark 20/20 soundcard
    Matrox Rt.x100
    Ati Radeon 9800 pro
    19" Nec Fe991sb crt / 17" Crystalscan / Tv monitor
    Antec Server case SX1040BII and 400 watt power supply
    Xp Pro ( sp 2 )

My main question is how do you get tv preview from encore or premeire with/without rt.x100?
    The output in Encore is for video playback only, and that is because Adobe decided to remove some of the WYSIWYG functionality out of Encore, but at least it's still there to preview menus and video.

Which system will run premeire 2.0 better? One is slower, has 2 gb of ram,has the rt.x100, has seperate drives and has a raid-0 / one has 1 gb of ram, faster processer, but it is a amd, is intel better then amd for premeire 2.0?.
    Any CPU that supports SSE2 instruction set is good for Premiere 2.0, people prefer the Opterons, but Intel's future Conroe may be a better solution, so to give you a reference, I am running RT.X100 today on my Intel 2.4Ghz system with 1GB memory, albiet a bit slow, but without issues.

Am all I losing is the matrox effects? Anything else the rt adds?
    No you are not loosing any functionality or effects, basically what you had with 1.5 is what you will get in Premiere 2.0, one additional feature is the support for Multicam

I supose one benefit would be no dropped frames?
    Well that depends on how your system is configured today, as well as many aspects for example, are you drive defraged, do you have enough memory, are you running any background apps that could cause this? Are you drivers up to date etc.

any ideas or suggestions? I encode the finished avi with cinecraft basic, usually 2 pass vbr.
    You can use Adobe's encoder to export in various formats 1 or 2 pass, as well as quicktime, Windows media and Mpeg (all flavors) you can also use the Matrox encoder as well.
    Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Elie

Comment

Thanks Ellie,
      I just might load the 2.0 on the older system. I have a few questions.

A) Besides uninstalling xtools, should I uninstall old versions of premeire, photoshop, illustrator, etc?

B) Do I get a tv preview of the dvd menu thru the svhs out of the rt in encore? What are you doing?

C) If I have the rt, do I use the gui excellerator for rendering?

ps I am moving from 6.5 to 2.0. I never got 1.5.

pps Thanks again
      asus p4 533 c P4 2.53
      250 gb (w/ 8 mb buffer) removable caddie ( plus 10 gb ghost,250 Gb,160 GB,40 Gb, etc)
      samsung 40x cdrw burner
      Aardvark 20/20 soundcard
      Matrox Rt.x100
      Ati Radeon 9800 pro
      Xp Pro ( sp 2 )

Comment

Thanks Ellie,
        I just might load the 2.0 on the older system. I have a few questions.

A) Besides uninstalling xtools, should I uninstall old versions of premeire, photoshop, illustrator, etc?
        Do you only have Premiere 2.0? if so, uninstall only the old version of Premiere and install 2.0, of course as well as Xtools, no need to uninstall the rest of the aps.

B) Do I get a tv preview of the dvd menu thru the svhs out of the rt in encore? What are you doing?
        I apologize, I had it backwards, you will get output to TV WHILE editing the menu, but not when previewing it, and yes you will get output via Svideo and Composite.

C) If I have the rt, do I use the gui excellerator for rendering?
        This I didn't quite understand, what gui excellerator are you refering to?

ps I am moving from 6.5 to 2.0. I never got 1.5.
        Interesting, you will find a huge difference in the way you edit, but you will get used to it fast enough Adobe changed everything!!!

pps Thanks again
        Anytime

Comment

Thanks Ellie,
          I unistalled the old programs, did a spyware check, updated everything, defragged my pc. I loaded the new bundle and everything has been wonderful. I have mostly tried audition. I was about to work on a sound project, and auditions interface with my 10 input soundcard better then cubase. I still haven't tried the tv preview or done any editing, but it looks great.

thanks again. Michael

ps The gui rendering is a option that uses the graphics card to speed up renders. I am curious about it. I am wondering if the rt is still better or if you can use both.
          asus p4 533 c P4 2.53
          samsung 40x cdrw burner
          Aardvark 20/20 soundcard
          Matrox Rt.x100
          Ati Radeon 9800 pro
          Xp Pro ( sp 2 )

Comment

The gui rendering in Premiere is only used to accellerate Premiere's own 3D effects like Spheres, Page Curls etc. however the RT.X100 has a full array of those effects which is played back in RT, so no need to use Premiere's.

Also where the graphic comes in handy is in After Effects, especially if you have a fast card like the ATI X1800 or the Nvidia 7800, where AE will take advantage of the OpegGL accelleration both cards offer to help speed up previews and rendering etc.

hope this helps.

Regards,
            Elie

Comment

Hi Ellie,
              Is it automatic? I can't find the preference settings for it. I am running it on both pcs. My amd one has a x800, not a 1800, but only one step away. How do I set up the opengl acceleration, or is it automatic. I just rebuilt my main tower and am completly happy. I think the bundle and I will be very p[roductive. Thanks again.

Originally posted by Elie
              The gui rendering in Premiere is only used to accellerate Premiere's own 3D effects like Spheres, Page Curls etc. however the RT.X100 has a full array of those effects which is played back in RT, so no need to use Premiere's.

Also where the graphic comes in handy is in After Effects, especially if you have a fast card like the ATI X1800 or the Nvidia 7800, where AE will take advantage of the OpegGL accelleration both cards offer to help speed up previews and rendering etc.

hope this helps.

Regards,
              Elie
              asus p4 533 c P4 2.53
              samsung 40x cdrw burner
              Aardvark 20/20 soundcard
              Matrox Rt.x100
              Ati Radeon 9800 pro
              Xp Pro ( sp 2 )

Comment

Working...
              X