• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• catalyst 6.3 out

catalyst 6.3

just don't ask me how it performs, I'm downloading now

edit: list of fixes here
    Last edited by Admiral; 8 March 2006, 14:25.

what i really want to see stress tested is the Avivo Video Converter (why are they calling it Parental Control & Encoder?).

The beta version was pretty k00l, probably the fastest encoder out there (even without HW acceleration)...

looks like it crashed while installing. hmmmm, guess it's time to reboot the computer this month.
    /meow
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    Asus Striker ][
    8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
    Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

Wow, got 17799 3D marks on my x700 Pro!

Comment

Since when was a video format convertor part of a driver release?
        FT.

Comment

When it works with their All-In WOnder or other video input hardware I would suppose.

Comment

if it works at all, can't seem to get it to install. msiexec just hangs
            /meow
            Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
            Asus Striker ][
            8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
            Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

It's only for x1000 and better cards, guess my x700 Pro is just a toy.

Comment

It (the convertor) installed just fine on my 9000 Pro.
                But it doesn't show up in Control Center.
                Chuck
                秋音的爸爸

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
                  It's only for x1000 and better cards, guess my x700 Pro is just a toy.
                  [Sarcasm]
                  What? enabling new features for OLD chipsets, no one would buy our new then!!
                  [/sarcasm]

I hate it when hey decide to exclude anything just because of marketing and not HW reasons
                  If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

@cjolley: How to use the Avivoâ„¢ Video Converter

I do a fair bit of transcoding because I watch movies streamed from my MCE2005 PC to my Xbox 360 and currently that feature only works with WMV.

I'd be really interested to know how good the Avivo really is.

I seem to remember people saying that the Avivo tech accelerates transcoding very dramatically.

Is it really a feature of the X1000 cards that enables it or is it just some driver juggling that only allows it to run on those cards?

I'm hoping for the latter because there'll probably be a driver hack released in that case.
                    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

unless its specifikaly coded in shadermodel 3 its just to promote thir new chipset line
                      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
                      X