Crash won best picture oscar!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash won best picture oscar!!

I think it was pretty much the only nominated film I've seen yet - and the award is well deserved imo
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

haruumphh.. the winner of the oscar in any category is pretty much meaningless nowadays. Just whatever hollywood society deems politically or socially relevant this year. Quality of story or style or acting or anything else is profoundly secondary.

Comment

have you seen Crash?
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)

Comment

Yep. It was ok but kind of contrived.

Comment

well if it was just boring everyday they wouldnt make a movie out of it

I really liked it, the individual performances were just short of spectacular, the stories were all really cool, and Jennifer Esposito is hot

Comment

IMO only one of the actors deserving of the "best actor/actress" Oscar won. Most certainly Reese Witherspoon deserved hers for playing June Carter, but unfortunately Joaquin Phoenix didn't win for his portrayal of Johnny Cash. That man is one fine actor and I'm still amazed by his spot-on portrayal of Cash.

As far as Philip Seymour Hoffman winning for Capote: all he had to do was be short, bald and chubby while talking a squeaky gay voice. No problem for Hoffman save for acting gay.

I'm also disappointed that Walk The Line didn't win the best picture Oscar.

Dr. Mordrid
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
            X