Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green horizontal lines upon G-400 MJPEG playback

Hello
    I have two problems with my Matrox Marvel G-400.
    1. When I play my Captured files, random green horizontal lines appear once a while. This doesn't make my movies suitable for output to videotape. The capture works fine and there are no lines in the MJPEG-files, the come when the hardware decoding is performed. Do you know whats wrong?

2.Another thing. When using the Dualhead DVDMax function only MJPEG files comes through to the TV(with jerky lines), MPEG1-2 or DivX doesn't appear on the screen?

I have a ASUS A7V, with 800Mhz Thunderbird, 256 MB ram, ATA100 7200 30Gb harddisk.

Can you please help me...

Win 98 SE and WinWP
    ASUS A7V 133
    Athlon 800 MHz
    256 MB ram
    7200 rpm ATA100 discs
    Matrox Marvel G400 TV
    Firewire card

1. you only mentioned 1 HDD. You should be using a separate drive for the video. If you aren't this could cause both problems.

2. if you are using Win9x or ME have you performed any optimizations to your filesystem and Windows itself? A list is here;

http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/fa.../video4.cfm#32

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Hi,

You are not the only person with the green lines issue. It appears to be a problem with the drivers and you should get the new drivers that will be coming at the end of May. We just have to wait and see !!

It is not often that I get the lines and most of the time they disappear for weeks.

Also make sure that your hard disk is set correctly. Try DMA on or off. Try also to reinstall the video tools.

Debbie
      We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

Generally the green lines are areas where data has been missed because of bus overloading. When this data is skipped the green of the overlay layer shows through.

Most often causes:

high latency devices (old Fasttraks (FT33 mainly), SBLives etc.) or VIA chipsets or both in combination. Add a NIC or some other hardware with lousy drivers and it makes for quite a mess.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 24 May 2001).]

Comment

Hi,

There was an issue with intermitent green lines appearing in the video window on Marvel G400 cards that was raised a while back. Take a look at this post (more specifically the last two pages)

It appeared that there may have been a hardware issue with some G400 Marvel cards and many people including myself RMA'd their cards and had no problems with the replacement. You might want to post over on the Matrox tech support forum and see if Haig or Saad have any suggestions.

- Simon

Comment

Hi All,

Have a look at this thread for the "green flash issue"

http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For.../001243-2.html

Regards to all,

Debbie
            We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

Working...
            X