Flyakite OSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flyakite OSX

The FlyakiteOSX transformation pack. The ultimate way to transform the look of your Windows XP machine to Mac OS X.

They have version 3.5 and it works pretty good. Have it installed on my laptop

Try, however at your own risk

neat.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

So this is basically an OS-X-like environment for Windows?
      (or does it add other stuff?)

Looks cool...
      I'll try it on a VMWare machine first...

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

As much as I love the OSX GUI and as much as I'd like to bring some of that into the Windows environments I use, these ports of aforementione GUI into the latter, well, suck. They just don't feel right and cause all sorts of havoc in various applications that I use on a daily basis. A good port or conversion takes the source material and molds it over the existing structure of whatever it is being ported to. OSX themes for Windows XP fail to do so spectacularly.
        “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

The one huge problem that never got solved with OSX-look emulation on Windows is the damn menu bar for File/Edit/View... which is at the top on a Mac. Objectbar is a terrible program, causing no end of problems in applications, and it is the only one that can do it. Coz other than that, the dock, Expose, SpringFolders, Finder all got emulated to a pretty satisfactory degree.

Of course by now you can just run OSX on your Windows PC
          All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Originally posted by lecter
            The one huge problem that never got solved with OSX-look emulation on Windows is the damn menu bar for File/Edit/View... which is at the top on a Mac.
            Which is also one of the biggest reasons I don't like the Mac GUI.

Comment

Originally posted by lecter
              The one huge problem that never got solved with OSX-look emulation on Windows is the damn menu bar for File/Edit/View... which is at the top on a Mac. Objectbar is a terrible program, causing no end of problems in applications, and it is the only one that can do it. Coz other than that, the dock, Expose, SpringFolders, Finder all got emulated to a pretty satisfactory degree.
              See that's the problem for me. If I'm Windows, I really don't need all that cruft, because in the end it conflicts with the manner in wich Windows and Windows-based applications (expect to) run. Again with the whole concept of molding a GUI port over the existing structure.

Comment

Well, in that case a well-done visual style should satisfy you
                All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Oh and I have one. On my iBook it's a modified version of the Mac GUI (via Shapeshifter obviously), on Windows it's a theme/visual style that polishes the work that's already been done. It doesn't attempt to change the way things work, it just makes the UI for doing so nicer.

Comment

Working...
                  X