• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avid Liquid 7 Pro

Hello,

Any comments on this device/software:
    Avid Liquid 7 Pro

It looks like a USB2 capture solution, from Avid. After having suffered numerous issues with the Canopus ADVC110, this looks like a nice device (HDV editing is a nice plus, though I'm not sure my video card - a Parhelia 512 AGP4x is up to it). Even so, I might be tempted to venture video-capturing/editing once more.

It is in a different price class than the Pinnacle Studio 700 USB, but offers more features and possibly better software (Avid vs. Pinnacle Studio ).

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Avid Liquid 7 is Liquid Edition 7. It has a BOB similar to thte Studio 700 USB but with component IO Aadded. Your Parhelia will not be compatible. You will need a Direct X 9 capable card (not saying that the Parhelia is not Direct X 9) with most people reporting preffering ATI cards. Its not a simple NLE and you need quite a robust setup for it. This is a new release and they have just released SP 2 for it. A version 7.1 should be release they say in a few months. There were some issues prior to SP2 but most seem to have been cleared up. However I would suggest checking the forums before jumping in.

DJ

Comment

Thanks!
      I guess I'll have to thoroughly check compatibility...

My system is most likely not a problem (dual Xeon, 1 GB ram, 10K SCSI drives, ...), apart from the videocard (but I like the Parhelia... )

Jörg
      pixar

Comment

If I were you, Iwould see if I could get a hold of LE 6.1, or wait for AL 7.1 if you want to use Liquid.

DJ

Comment

Yes...

Thanks!

edit: Just found confirmation on their forums: the Parhelia is not supported.

Jörg
          Last edited by VJ; 6 March 2006, 03:31.
          pixar

Comment

Working...
          X