Matrox brings TripleHeadâ„¢ to workstation and gaming systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox brings TripleHeadâ„¢ to workstation and gaming systems

Montreal, Canada, March 2nd, 2006 – Matrox Graphics, Inc., the leading manufacturer of graphics solutions for professionals, today unveiled the new TripleHead2Go, a palm-sized box which uniquely allows a user to add three 19” monitors with a combined resolution of up to 3840x1024 and an incredible 45” of total diagonal to many workstations, gaming systems and laptops– even if those systems only support a single display output.

"Running 3D and animation applications fully accelerated across three screens provides a tremendous productivity benefit for many workstation users”, says Dan Wood, VP Technical Marketing, Matrox Graphics Inc. “For gamers, three screens enables an immersive experience by engaging a players peripheral vision and allowing them to see the gaming environment as if they were looking through an extra wide-angle camera lens; it just makes games more fun.”
    Building on the momentum of the award winning DualHead2Go, with TripleHead2Go, Matrox has introduced an innovative new category of patent-pending hardware products to the market called Graphics eXpansion Modules (GXMs). GXMs are not graphics accelerators; rather they are external boxes that connect to a computer using a standard analog VGA monitor cable. The system’s existing graphics chip is used for rendering of all 2D, 3D and video and the GXM works to add multi-monitor support to this.
    TripleHead2Go uniquely allows customers in areas including Mechanical CAD, Visualization, Digital Content Creation and Animation to upgrade existing certified, mission-critical workstations to TripleHead™ displays to enable a Surround Design™ experience without opening the PC tower case or installing a new graphics solution. TripleHead2Go supports Microsoft® Windows® desktop at up to 3840x1024 resolution across three displays with full acceleration on all displays.
    Matrox TripleHead2Go enables Surround Gaming™ by expanding supported 3D games across three displays. At launch, TripleHead2Go will have support for more than 150 popular games including id Software’s Quake 4™, UbiSoft’s Brother’s in Arms: Earned in Blood™, Microsoft’s Age of Empires III™, 10tacle studios AG’s GTR™, Microsoft’s Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight and many more. Matrox will regularly add more titles to a supported gaming list at www.matrox.com/graphics/triplehead2go TripleHead2Go supports gaming at 3840x1024, 3072x768 and 2400x600 and 1920x480 resolutions. Frame rates will vary with resolution and will depend on the GPU in the system.

TripleHead2Go includes support for Microsoft® Windows® 2000 and Windows® XP, and is compatible with many professional and enthusiast class desktop and laptop PCs equipped with certain NVIDIA® and ATI® enabled graphics chipsets and add-in-boards. Maximum resolutions supported may vary depending on the GPU version, please visit www.matrox.com/graphics/triplehead2go for more details.

Price and Availability

Available in April 2006, TripleHead2Go has a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $299USD. This product will be available from authorized resellers worldwide or, in North America and Europe, directly from Matrox at http://shopmatrox.com. For more information, call Matrox Sales at 1-800-361-1408 (North America) or e-mail insales@matrox.com

About Matrox Graphics Inc.

Matrox Graphics Inc. is the leading manufacturer of graphics solutions for professionals and has been delivering high-quality, innovative 2D/3D, and video graphics accelerators for more than a quarter century. Creator of the multi-display phenomenon, Matrox combines its proven graphics chip designs, reliable software, and dependable card manufacturing expertise to produce products that are reputed worldwide for their superior image quality, practical ingenuity, and unwavering stability. Matrox Graphics designs and supports graphics solutions optimized for utility, empowering professionals to see more and do more. A privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada, Matrox has international offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Italy, and Hong Kong. For more information, visit www.matrox.com/graphics.

Matrox® and DualHead® are trademarks or registered trademarks of Matrox Graphics Inc. and/or Matrox Electronic Systems Ltd. Other company, product and service names and/or logos indicated above may be trademarks or service marks of such other companies.
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

OMFG I think I am going to have to buy one of those.
    Back to the future 2d by matrox and sli for 3d

Comment

This looks extremely tempting!

I just wonder if it will be Vista compatible...normally I wouldn't worry about a company releasing a major new product so close to a new OS revision, but with matrox you never know...
      All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

I'm going to get one, I have been waiting for this!

Comment

Originally posted by lecter
          This looks extremely tempting!

I just wonder if it will be Vista compatible...normally I wouldn't worry about a company releasing a major new product so close to a new OS revision, but with matrox you never know...
          Windows Vista shouldn't be any problem, because TripleHead2Go won't require any additional device drivers from Matrox. There is the Matrox PowerDesk software, but it'll only maximize your applications into certain monitors and save window positions etc.
          Last edited by Mikko; 3 March 2006, 16:05.

Comment

Is there any known limitations for resolutions over 3x1280x1024, apart from the driving hardware (GPU)?
            I mean, would 3x1600x1200 be faesible?
            Would it be a bandwidth problem?

edit: I read about Dual Link possibly aiding in getting higher resolutions somewhere i think...
            edit2: DOesn't this sort of Kill the only thing Parhelia had going for it (now)?

Jez
            Last edited by Evildead666; 3 March 2006, 17:41.
            PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
            Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
            +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

wow, people on Rage3D seem to like it

Comment

Originally posted by Evildead666
                DOesn't this sort of Kill the only thing Parhelia had going for it (now)?
                Yes, sort of, but TripleHead2Go only allows VGA connections. I can still imagine Matrox releasing new Parhelia type graphics card with Triple-DVI and other common Matrox features such as DVDMax etc..

Comment

Evildead - I believe the limitation is in the EDID standard that they're using to trick the vid card into seeing a triple wide display.

Comment

For analog its really what the graphics card DACs and driver can handle. You do have to be careful about signal degradation from the graphics board at those stretched high resolutions over a normal vga cable.

Comment

Working...
                    X