Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9.4 GB dvd-ram with this drive?

Hello,

Simple question: Can I record a dual layer DVD-RAM (9.4 GB) with this drive:

Specs say:
    DVD-RAM (ver. 2.0/2.1), DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, Multi-Border, Multisession, DVD+VR, DVD-VR (Read-Only), DVD-R, DVD-R DL, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+R DL, DVD+RW
    Or is it only single layer?

Thanks!

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

IIRC, there is no DL DVD-RAM. There is Double sided DVD-RAM.
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Oh, oops... Right... (silly me)

Ah well, 4.7 is nice !
      (otherwise I could go for the DVD-R DL/DVD+R DL: it is for a ghost image of my laptop system partition, it takes up 7.5 GB now)

That DVD RAM would be very useful for my software resource (all the latest drivers for my systems, and the latest versions of the software I use on a single DVD RAM)

Thanks!

Jörg
      pixar

Comment

Oh, one more thing:
        can I make a bootable DVD-RAM disk?

Jörg
        pixar

Comment

Working...
        X