Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice utility: Motion Perfect

This ones kinda neat. It can synthesize 'tween frames to;

1. produce very smooth slow motion clips. I've used it for 8:1 slowdowns and they looked good.

2. place new frames where drops have occurred. So they say. My systems rarely drop any so I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

http://www.dynapel.com/products.php3...0bb021c17e63b6

$25 USD

They also have a program called VideoScope that can analyze video clips. It's free.

Dr. Mordrid

I've been using MotionPerfect for a couple of months now in 'videoising' footage.

Basically I double the frame rate, then use Avisynth to interlace each two frames as 2 fields in a frame.

What's the point you make ask. Well, a lot of early TV that was shot on video now only exist as film recordings which were made by shooting a specially flatterned TV display with 16mm film camera. With this film telecined there is (obviously!) a film look rather than video. Using the above process it is possible to recreate that video look. I've been mainly using this on 'Doctor Who' although I'm going to try it out on early episodes of 'The Avengers' soon. Psychologically it makes a huge difference to watching the material, and I'm somebody who actually prefers video to film.

Just thought I'd mention it as another use of MotionPerfect.

J.O.N.

Comment

Neat. I'm just getting a handle on all it can do so that's good info.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Downloaded & tried the demo.
        It works fine until Exit the program, then an error message shows that the MOTIONPERFECT caused an error in KERNEL32
        Ctrl+Alt+Del doesn't work. Need to restart the computer.
        It happens EVERY time I exit. It happens with and without audio part involved in the source file. But the output file is ok.

What am I doing wrong?

Fred H

[This message has been edited by Fred H (edited 19 May 2001).]
        It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
        ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Please give us a litle bit of more info of your hardware and OS and I'm shure that the solution can be found
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I'm more intreagued by their "stead-hand" prodct. I've downloaded the demos, but won't have any time to give them a goot test anytime soon.

Anyone tried? I'd like to be motivated to try or blow it off. I find the claims hard to believe. What about the running time?

--wally.

Comment

Technoid,
              my computer: AMD K6/2-400, VIA MVP3 ( )
              Marvel G400-TV PD 5.41 VT 1.52 Win 98 SE.
              For a long long time ago I had the same error message.
              Maybe it helps.

Btw, I'll phone you next week.

Fred H

Comment

I downloaded the demo but can't get it to correct the Matrox MJPEG frame rate. Captures with PC-VCR rarely are EXACTLY 25fps (PAL), and I have tried to correct them using this software.

I select 25fps, but when it is finished, it still has the same frame rate as the original. Anyone else had this problem?

Rod

Comment

After a lot of experimenting with the Motion Perfect discovered that the Kernel32 error when exiting the program is a Matrox hardware MJPEG issue. Or let say a Motion Perfect incompatibility with Matrox MJPEG.
                  Converted a short Matrox MJPEG file to PIC-Video MJPEG. No problem. Everything is ok.

Oh, and I am using AVI_IO for everything. It captures exactly 25 fps PAL, but not the VT.

Fred H

Comment

...MP is unable to close the hardware codec.
                    But processing a Matrox MJPEG an then a short PIC file resets the codec and everything works again.

Fred H

Comment

Glad you got it!
                      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

So that's why I haven't had any problems...been using it with the RT-2000 and it's softcodec or PICVideo.

'tis not to shabby here. Slomo is very smooth.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Motion Perfect manual,(.pdf)and more at:

http://www.motionperfect.com/files/

Fred H

Comment

Rodgreen,
                            I did convert a PC-VCR non 25 fps to exactly 25 fps PAL by clicking just this button.
                            It converted e.g.. 24.925 fps to 100.3%

Could you save the output file as Matrox MJPEG without crashing the computer when exit Motion Perfect?

...and did anyone get audio in the output file? (dumb question? )

Fred H

Comment

Fred H

Sorry mate - I have deleted the demo from my PC. I'm not sure if I saved the output as a Matrox MJPEG ??? I didn't crash my PC at all though!

Rod

Comment

Working...
                              X