Marvel G400 Hue adjust problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G400 Hue adjust problem.

How could I adjust more exactly the hue value of PC-VCR. This parameter in Setup/Video can be adjust only by 46, 48, 51, 53 % in the middle area. My problem is that 48 % is too low and 51 % is too high.

I use Matrox Marvel G-400 box as a TBC between a VCR and Hollywood DV-Bridge to convert analog video to DV-video. I have to run the PC-VCR program to get run video pass through the Marvel box. And the parameters of the PC-VCR should be adjusted correctly (bright, contrast, hue and saturation) to get the optimized result for DV-capturing. The problem is to adjust hue of the color so that the red tints correspond to the original material's red. 48 % is too low (red is too pale) and 51 % is too high (there is too much lily color in red tints). Is there any possibilities to adjust hue more exactly?

How does Marvel process the video signal, when it is only passed through the box? Anyway this corrects sync problems of some units of the Hollywood DV-Bridges, which need TBC according to my experience (and some others have the same opinion). Dazzle declares that the TBC is not needed, but some of the users have opposite experiences.

When the video signal is led through the Marvel box the sync is that good that even fast forwards and rewards can be captured to DV-format. Without the Marvel box the DV-Bridge looses sync in the seams of two scenes and sometimes changes into the wrong field order of the video.

Eero
    PIII550, AbitBE6, 384MB, 20+40+80 GB, Marvel G450-TV, DVRaptor, SB Plat., HP CD-writer, DVD, Panasonic NV-MS70, NV-DS5 and HS-1000

I got the working idea from the Matrox Tech Supp Forum as follows:

"you can highlight the hue fader and hit your arrow key to move it in increments of 1. If that doesn't work, search and download vidcap32.exe. The proc amp values in there are much more complete and easier to control.

Regards

------------------
    Haig
    Matrox Graphics
    Technical Support Manager"
    ---------------------------------------

I downloaded Vidcap32.exe and it has very exact adjustments for color parameters. This solved my problem - thanks.

Eero Judin

------------------
    PIII550, AbitBE6, 384MB, 20+40+80 GB, Marvel G450-TV, DVRaptor, SB Plat., HP CD-writer, DVD, Panasonic NV-MS70, NV-DS5 and HS-1000

Comment

Working...
    X