No announcement yet.

2005FPW burn in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've not had any problems with mine. But I always turn off my screens when I walk away from the PC. Even if only for a few minutes.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

As I'm sure the above link says:

LCD Burn-in is more than possible and ANY LCD can have the problem - are they trying to make it look like a Dell only issue?
      The fix is to basically switch the LCD off for the same amount of time as the static image was on screen.
      So leave WinAmp static for 4-5hrs and then switch your panel off for 4-5hrs and you should be fine.
      Alternatively leave the panel with some fast moving images for a period of time and the issue will be fixed.

Unlike those really burnt-in CRT's and Plasma's...
      It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
      Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

Originally posted by Paulr
        As I'm sure the above link says:

LCD Burn-in is more than possible and ANY LCD can have the problem - are they trying to make it look like a Dell only issue?
        The fix is to basically switch the LCD off for the same amount of time as the static image was on screen.
        So leave WinAmp static for 4-5hrs and then switch your panel off for 4-5hrs and you should be fine.
        Alternatively leave the panel with some fast moving images for a period of time and the issue will be fixed.

Unlike those really burnt-in CRT's and Plasma's...
        Note quiet true. Got a Samsung that was displaying my Weather Station on Screen most of the day and this got well burn't in despite being off all night.

It's now at work and has after several weeks of different back grounds and screen savers only now is it just coming out.

By Contrast the Dell I'm using isn't showing any burn at all even after weeks of daily use.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
        X