Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• playing DVDs without dvd drive

Hello,

This might be balancing on the edge of legal stuff (this might get your attention ), but how can one copy a DVD to harddrive to playback from there?

PowerDVD has the option to open DVD media files on a harddisk, so playback should be possible. But how does one get the files there: just copy them?

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

you can use a ripper like the now defunct DVD Decrypter.

Comment

@VJ, Check your PM inbox.
      P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

I found the DVD Decrypter. Will try it later...

(use is for a subnotebook which lacks an internal dvd drive; external drive needs powersupply)

Jörg
        pixar

Comment

For recent DVD's?

AnyDVD, baby!

Or, if spending money on something which is quasi-legal in virtually every country due to DMCA-like restrictions scares you...

Do a quick search for "DVDFab Decrypter", which - while not by the author of DVD Decrypter - is similar and still updated.
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Thanks!

I have downloaded it, but haven't tried it yet.

Jörg
            pixar

Comment

Working...
            X