Interesting Nike Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Nike Ad

Some of the between frames look like their shoes after I've worn them for a couple of months.

Is it me or do sports shoes not last very long anymore?
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

I'd never buy a Nike product.

I get Adidas shoes and they last 2-3 years.

Comment

Adidas fan here as well, mine have also lasted longer than previous Nikes...
      All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Im a great Nike ADvertising fan.

Nevermind the shoes, their comercials are usually awsome.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

As far as shoes go, I prefer Church's, van Bommels, Crocket & Jones, Grenson and Johnston & Murphy's (if only I could get those over here...)
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

My feet are wide. This means that not even New Balance fit properly any more.

I currently wear Vans for everyday goofing, and Reebok DMX for anything athletic.

That's all that fits!

But yes, Nikes fall apart ridiculously fast nowadays. Not like the pair of Air Pegasys which lasted me 4 seasons of cross-country back in the early 90's!
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

back on topic...The ad is pretty cool.

I'm a New Balance guy. They are the only ones that ship EEEE wide shoes to regular stores for people like me.
              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
                back on topic...The ad is pretty cool.

I'm a New Balance guy. They are the only ones that ship EEEE wide shoes to regular stores for people like me.
                I used to be 100% NB, but they changed the proportions or something such that their EE no longer fits right.
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                  I used to be 100% NB, but they changed the proportions or something such that their EE no longer fits right.
                  That is true, but they still fit better than anyone elses. Especially when your feet are a touch bigger than EEEE.
                  “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                  –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Oakley Assault Shoe/Boots. They are the best shoe/boot ever made in my opinion. They are extremely light, much more comfortable than any other shoe I've ever worn and they last forever. If I am wearing pants, I wear the boots. If I am wearing shorts, I wear the shoes. Oh and they look good too.

The only downside, they are expensive, but they will literally last you two or more years.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Weiden Kennedy is the main ad company for Nike. They do good stuff.

Nike's HQ is pretty close to me and I thought it would be neat to be a web developer for them, but they are currently looking for a senior dev.
                      Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
                      Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

I wrote an annoyed e-mail to Adidas the last time I bought shoes. I also have a wide foot and the standard size was all they seemed to have (I bought them anyhow, the laces stretched wide across the tongue and the shoes taking about a month to break in and feel right.) They make specialized shoes for Lacrosse but no wide widths for normal shoes.. I was rather blunt about what a moronic business decision that was, and expected no positive response. Looked online just yesterday when I saw this thread, though, and they now offer running shoes in EE and EEEE widths. Whoa! Looks like I might need new shoes..

Comment

BTW, I had New Balance once and they fell apart just as bad.. worse, even, because the soles split just when I had gone to the Renaissance Festival, and it rained all day.. I was lucky not to get trench foot.

hehe.. 10101.. my pwc is computer talk..

Comment

So you really only have 21 PWC?
                            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I noticed Zokes is at 11001 also.. how the mighty have fallen

Anyhow, are those Oakleys available in wide widths? They are good looking shoes.

Comment

Working...
                              X