Super VHS shows up in black/white

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super VHS shows up in black/white

Try feeding the signal through an SVHS deck on the way to the RRG. That or get a small S-Video preamp.

It may be that the input procamps on the RRG are too weak to deliver a strong enough signal to the encoder.

Dr. Mordrid

I've lost count of the number of probs that have been reported with S-Video. In 99% of cases, either the S-Video cable has been mis-wired (or more probably an S-video/scart lead is being used), OR S-Video is being connected to a STANDARD video source.

Please give us a complete rundown of the external devices that you are using and the cabling between them, as the likelihood is (statistically) that your problem lies here. Of course there's always that 1%.....

Comment

Super VHS shows up in black/white

I have an RRG and when I connect my video camera to composite it is fine and the signal shows up in colour...but when I connect to the Svhs plug on the matrox card...the signal is black and white....I tested the camera and cable at the local tv store and they are fine...I uninstalled and reinstalled the matrox drivers and it still shows up in black and white...what can I do?????

thanks

Comment

I always have the same problem and its always a loose plug. It may not seem loose but really push it in on both ends. Also check your rr settings to make sure the are for set for Europe or America( this will affect your display) I had mine on Pal for days befor I realized what was going on.
        Damnit Jim I'm a film maker, not a systems tech!

Comment

Hi,
          1. have you selected SVHS source in the driver's configuration (either with PCVCR or avi_io)? Usually the default is composite and when you connect a SVHS device what you get is b&w.
          2. Check your S-Video cable

------------------
          mits
          mits,
          System specs: primary : Asus P5B Dlx/Wifi, C2Duo E6600 with thermalright 120 and 120mm Scythe S-Flex
          model E, 2 Gb Ram Kingston HyperX PC6400, MSI RX1950Pro with ViVo, 2 * WD3200AAKS, Sound Blaster Audigy ES, NIC onborad, IEE1394 TI onboard, dvd-rw Nec/Sony Optiarc AD-7173A, dvd-rom Pioneer 106-s, Win XP SP2. Secondary : Asus P4B266-E, P4 2GHz (Northwood), ram 512 MB DDR400 , 2*80 Maxtor, vga asus 9600XT with vivo, sound card c-media 8738 onboard, NIC D-Link 538TX, dvd-rw sony dru500AX, cd-rw yamaha 2100E, Win2k SP4.

Comment

thanks for the help; but I went back to the stoe I bought the card and they replaced it. Problem solved, looks like the s-vhs cable was miswired or the card was buggy. But it was hardware related. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X