OSX running on PCs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSX running on PCs!

I'm not going to quote this here, Apple has already closed the source website. And of course I will not send you the content of the site via PM
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Cool.

Comment

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/ptech/0....ap/index.html

SAN JOSE, California (AP) -- Apple Computer Inc. has resorted to a poetic broadside in the inevitable cat-and-mouse game between hackers and high-tech companies.

The maker of Macintosh computers had anticipated that hackers would try to crack its new OS X operating system built to work on Intel Corp.'s chips and run pirated versions on non-Apple computers. So, Apple developers embedded a warning deep in the software -- in the form of a poem.

Indeed, a hacker encountered the poem recently, and a copy of it has been circulating on Mac-user Web sites this week.

Apple confirmed Thursday it has included such a warning in its Intel-based computers since it started selling them in January.

The embedded poem reads: "Your karma check for today: There once was a user that whined/his existing OS was so blind/he'd do better to pirate/an OS that ran great/but found his hardware declined./Please don't steal Mac OS!/Really, that's way uncool./(C) Apple Computer, Inc."

Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Originally posted by az
        Apple has already closed the source website.
        Really, it's coming up fine for me

One bit I found weird is he says that you require a motherboard with the i915GL chipset, but then later goes on to say both AMD and Intel CPU's are reported to work
        When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

What I posted was a cached website

The forum where the hack was made public is closed.
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az
            What I posted was a cached website
            I realise that, but the page that's been cached is still accessible directly
            When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Apple's marketting machine is awesome!

I want to get a Mac now. I have no need or reason to have one except for testing the occasionaly web page I'm developing.

I just want one to play with.

I don't even think that I'll be able to get the Dark Castle games to work on it. I miss those games.

PS. Any old school Mac users remember an old black and white helicopter game where you flew through a 3D city (from a behind the chopper perspective) and had to find these crystals that floated in the air and shoot a few enemies that appeared?

PPS. Crystal Quest is still one of my favourite games of all time. Probably because of the distinctive level completion sound effect that fired my young imagination to new heights of anticipation. There's a recent port of it available on the Xbox 360 Live Arcade but it's missing that classic sound effect and just isn't the same. There is a port of it for PocketPC that did stay true to the original.
              P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Well, I'd like a Mac too (iBook specifically - yes, "even" G4)...but simply because it's the cheapest, I think, way to have 5+ hours on battery... (especially with 20% price cut for studens and paymen over 2 years)

edit: BTW, call me when somebody figures out how to run it on CPU that has only SSE, not SSE2/3
                Last edited by Nowhere; 18 February 2006, 05:14.

Comment

Working...
                X