A way to batch folders into rar ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A way to batch folders into rar ?

I'm looking for a way to rar up all folders in a folder into separate rar files...

Any ideas?

I'm currently raring up each and every folder by hand
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

If you're on Windows you could write some sort of batch script that loops through the folders and passes the folder to WinRAR's command line version.

Couldn't tell you how offhand though.
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

why not rar the lot and use the preserve dir function?
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Probably because it's easier for a program to load a 50mb archive than a 4,2Gb one
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid
          I'm looking for a way to rar up all folders in a folder into separate rar files...

Any ideas?

I'm currently raring up each and every folder by hand
          Not quite polished but should do the trick:
          There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid
            Probably because it's easier for a program to load a 50mb archive than a 4,2Gb one
            WinRAR has a "Split to Volumes" feature.

If all you're trying to do break your archive down into smaller pieces then use that. You just set the max size for any given piece and WinRAR does the rest.
            P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
              WinRAR has a "Split to Volumes" feature.

If all you're trying to do break your archive down into smaller pieces then use that. You just set the max size for any given piece and WinRAR does the rest.

Think of it as if I'd have scanned a book and each folder represented a chapter.
              Just raring up the entire book would cause an enourmous volyme taking ages to load.
              By instead raring the induvidual chapters I dont have to load the entire book when I'm only interested in reading one or 2 chapters....

Since 2 chapters are rarely the same size.....

I think you get the point

Comment

Originally posted by Lucid
                Not quite polished but should do the trick:
                http://www.saintlysoft.com/myzippa.htm

Thanks Lucid

Comment

I have now had a chance to test this program and its great

Comment

Working...
                  X