X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UN Privatization?

Wonder what Brian thinks of this idea?

Article....

Personally I think anything that restrains, even partially, those corrupt SOB's in the UN Building is a good idea

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Brian says why not, if it makes for more efficiency. However, I'm afraid that it may become more costly as the companies doing the real work will jump on the gravy train band wagon (sorry for the mixed metaphors ) And who says that corporate administration is less corrupt than international or national ditto? Human nature, being what it is, I doubt whether there will be any long-term difference.

As I see it, from my experience as a consultant working for several years for the UN, their main problems are not so much corruption (yes, it does exist, of course) but a fear of treading on peoples' toes, resulting it expensive bureaucrazy wastage. Eg, I worked from 1996 to the present day on a problem with an ozone-depleting substance that should have been incorporated in the Montreal Protocol. I chaired a committee studying this until 2 years ago. For me, the answer is cut and dried, but there are sensitive toes in the USA and China which have effectively filibustered legislation for 10 years, which could have been promulgated by an admin decision. This has cost the UN members hundreds of 1000s of dollars, or more.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
    X