Poker and beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poker and beer

Whoooo. A great way to spend the evening: friends, poker and beer. I also came out five bucks ahead -- yeah a low-ball game, but it's just for fun.
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Lot's of fun, but usually it's just an excuse to drink and shoot the breeze.
    We usually play for nickels and dimes, but last time I played I won 30 bucks
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

I love poker! Of course no one wants to play a second time with me cause I hardly ever lose. But it's so easy to win when your opponants face reveals their hand.

@gt40: Yeah, we play nickel and dimes too, great fun.
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Mostly play cheap to have fun. In college we'd have weekly games and enough people would show up and play 'til they lost their 5 bucks that sometimes I'd end up with 30+ to pay for the beer and food.

I've played in Vegas before as well. Although I played the 2-4 table which, really you don't play to win money. Spend enough time there and any winnings go out as tips to the dealer and waitress. I was there for 8 hours and lost $60. I could have left at one point up but I figured I'm in Vegas, either lose what I planned on losing or win big.
        Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Originally posted by TnT
          I could have left at one point up but I figured I'm in Vegas, either lose what I planned on losing or win big.
          Not many people are that smart.
          "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

"lose what you planned on losing?" yech. Why don't you just go pay your tithe to the rich mafia boss and leave, then?

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
              "lose what you planned on losing?" yech. Why don't you just go pay your tithe to the rich mafia boss and leave, then?
              1) Playing poker with a fair assortment of skills -- test my skills.
              2) Free cocktails, lots of them. I easily drank well over $30 in drinks, even though I had to switch to water towards the morning.
              3) For poker the house takes a 5% rake, they don't win the money.

Comment

Working...
              X