Flu shots are NO guarantee....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flu shots are NO guarantee....

Got my shot but it obviously didn't cover the strain I came down with late last week.

1 week and counting of feeling like a train ran over me. Headache, cough, stuffed head, upper respiratory symptoms, muscle/joint pain, fever, chills & shakes, stomach "troubles" , etc. etc. etc. etc.

If someone would shoot me I'd smile and say "thank you"

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 11 February 2006, 22:22.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

You have our sympathies. The only person that has NOT gotten sick this year is the one that got the shot early: Logan.

Our reasoning was that we didn't want him getting something at preschool and bringing it home to infect his infant brother.

Of course, we then proceeded to get COLDS. Well, the first thing might have been the flu - it had some chills and aches. But since then it's been ALL head and chest cold, in varying degrees, for A MONTH AND A HALF. It's getting OLD, lemme tell ya.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

I hear ya Doc,
      I'm in the same boat with you. It started last Sat. and yesterday was the first "good" day. Only because the other days were not of this world
      I've slept and been in bed so much this week that my back hurts.

And the nurse said, "Imagine how bad I could be feeling if I didn't get the flu shot"

The good news is that the kids are fine, but the wife woke up this morning feeling a little funny.
      Hot totties and scotch are keeping me going
      Get well soon Doc!!

Comment

Ha Gurm,
        The worst thing in the world is you being sick, and the kids are still going in fifth gear.
        Thank god for Kim Possible. ( I've got two girls )
        R

Comment

The topic isn't really surprising for anyone, right? (BTW, no flu shot ever here, no flu this year (so far) while living in a dorm; got it last year, with the previous time beeing 6 or 7 years ago )

Comment

Originally posted by RhinoZ
            Ha Gurm,
            The worst thing in the world is you being sick, and the kids are still going in fifth gear.
            Thank god for Kim Possible. ( I've got two girls )
            R
            Actually it's Transformers, Fairly Odd Parents, and Jimmy Neutron here for Logan.

Of course, Jacob is impossible to placate entirely.
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Flu shots. This is the first year I've gotten one since I was a child and guess what, I've been dealing with my normal Winter sickness for a lot longer than normal. Nevermind that it's been a lot worse symptom-wise. Granted, much of it is and has always been caused by allergies, but the rest has been flu related.

The kids have been surprisingly un-sick this year, save for some coughing and the occassional vomiting (mainly by our son). Our eldest daughter, who is usually sick during this time due to Down Syndrome related immune deficiencies, hasn't been sick but once so far.

All that said, at least here in Stillwater, there has been an increase in the number of flu-related sickenesses due to a variant strain.
              “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

We got flu shots befor our cruise.
                So we all came down with RSV.

Might be what you have.
                They now think it's not nessesarily just for kids.
                Maybe 30% of "flu" cases too.

It's really running rampant here in OKC.
                Chuck
                秋音的爸爸

Comment

Amazingly bad around here too, even schools closing their doors.

My eldest had it really bad last week, temperatures over 40, not much response to paracetamol and ibuprofen, barking like a seal (classic croop stuff), 3 days off school. Our school hasn't had a full complement of staff in a month.

I think I'm starting something myself
                  FT.

Comment

BTW, I wonder...
                    I don't have tonsils. Could it still be related to the thing that I mostly...don't get sick? (I seem to remember somthing that it is mostly/basically trading good health in 40's for convenience during childhood? If so, can the latter effect be still in place in early/mid 20's?)

Comment

I'm just getting over this thing too. Started Monday afternoon, went full force wednesday and thursday, now the fever is gone, the throat is mostly better, and just the stuffy head and cough remain.

That was an unpleasent few days...
                      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I'd swear that flu shots do more harm than good in a significant percentage of people. I know plenty of people who've gotten sicker during a year when they got a flu shot than when they didn't.

Comment

Crap...nothing. Nothing totally. Another boring winter season... (yes, I'm mean )

I still wonder about the question above though...

Comment

I have.. something... with my throat. My voice is broken like a sixteen year-olds, and if I try to speak softly, I produce no sound at all. Funny
                            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
                            X