Brand new MX1000 - busted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new MX1000 - busted

I finally bit the bullet and picked up a Logitech MX1000. Got it home, set it up, charged the battery, and...

The middle (wheel) button doesn't work.

Damn.

Everything else works. Scrolling up/down/left/right with the wheel, all the other buttons, fine. Wheel clicking, nothing. I tried assigning several different functions to the button, no response at all.

Gotta take it back tomorrow.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Not to be mean, but are you sure you don't have two-button drivers loaded for it?

Also, what does SetPoint think it is? Their software is decent these days.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Aye, you must have SetPoint installed for the MX1000 to work properly. Don't worry, it's not a POS like the old MouseWare is, so feel free to install it without fearing for your computer's health.

If you do have it installed, enter SetPoint and make sure the wheel click isn't set to some funky Logitech setting, like they typically do with the middle click.
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Using latest SetPoint, detected as MX1000, the other 7 buttons work fine, the tilt and scroll on the wheel work. Just clicking the wheel is broken.
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Well on intellimouse software, MS insists on remapping the mouse button to some crappy MS function rather than "middle mouse botton"

Could something similar be happening with logitech...eg look at your remap settings

Comment

Using my MX1000 on XP Pro with the standard drivers. Middle button allows you to scroll the screen up/down by moving the mouse rather than the wheel.

I use the Logitech drivers at home (also an MX1000). The only difference for me is the battery life warning, which is largely superfluous due to the led indicators on the mouse itself.
            FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmallowman
              Well on intellimouse software, MS insists on remapping the mouse button to some crappy MS function rather than "middle mouse botton"

Could something similar be happening with logitech...eg look at your remap settings
              From my first post: "I tried assigning several different functions to the button, no response at all."

Yeah, tried all of that. It's genuinely busted.

Comment

Got the replacement mouse today. All better. It's a little tricky clicking the wheel without "tilting" it, but at least it works now. Everything else about this mouse rocks. I should probably let it finish charging now...

Comment

Working...
                X