X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Comic for Gurm

“Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

This is sort of how I feel ALL THE TIME.

Them: "So, didja see that game?"
    Me: "Umm... game? Well I was busy playing Dark Cloud 2, see..."

*sigh*

If you aren't "into" sports, you have no value in our culture. This is my complaint. The games themselves are fine(ish). It's the mentality of virtually every member of society that's the problem.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

There was a game on Sunday? Who won?

Kevin

Comment

I am pretty sure the advertizers won
        We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
          This is sort of how I feel ALL THE TIME.
          Same here, but here the sports are football and cycling (both on the road as cross country).

Them: "What a nice move Tom made in that last corner!"
          Me: "Which Tom? What corner?"

Jörg
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by tjalfe
            I am pretty sure the advertizers won
            All I know is that the Rolling Stones lyrics lost...

Jörg
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by KRSESQ
              There was a game on Sunday? Who won?

Kevin
              Who played?
              Chuck
              秋音的爸爸

Comment

See I've watched a couple of these for the ads. This year however i was busy building frames for the walls in my apartment. Whose not sad about this? That's right... ME!
                Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Pittsburg Steelers vs Seattle Seahawks

Steelers won 21-10. Frame 2 of the comic references several "iffy" calls against the Seahawks that (could have potentially) cost them the game.

*shrug*

Having played (American) football for a large chunk of my life I enjoy watching games, but I don't go off and rant about them or talk to total strangers about them (unless it's blatantly obvious they are fans). Don't own any jerseys or any crap like that. Just enjoy a good game from time to time ... and the Super Bowl was a good game. Except all the stupid ass pre-pre-pre-, pre-pre-. pre-. half time-, post-, post-post, and post-post-post-game shows. Tey get lamer and lamer each year.
                  “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                  –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

See I played damn near every sport growing up, and I may be the odd bird, but I can't stand watching sports on TV. If I'm actually at the stadium or whatnot then it's bearable, but I just don't get into it like most people.

I stopped watching pro-(American) football a long time ago because, well, it's just boring. As for the Superbowl... the ads were worthless and that's usually the good part :P
                    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Jammy, I'm pretty much with you. Would far far rather partake than watch.

To be fair, one of my sports was rowing, which is pretty dull for the spectators... I will occasionally watch a game of rugby though. But only if beer and a pub are involved.
                      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

I wouldn't pay the ticket prices to see sports in a stadium. I'll be damned if I contribute to the ridiculous salaries these mostly illiterate people make. That's why I own a big screen TV.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                          I wouldn't pay the ticket prices to see sports in a stadium. I'll be damned if I contribute to the ridiculous salaries these mostly illiterate people make. That's why I own a big screen TV.
                          And help to pay for their salaries because you watch them on that big screen TV LOL
                          Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

And how do I do that? I don't buy Budweiser or other big beer brands that advertise there. I don't buy Nike either. How does any of my money go to them but by the most circuitous routes in the economy?

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                              And how do I do that? I don't buy Budweiser or other big beer brands that advertise there. I don't buy Nike either. How does any of my money go to them but by the most circuitous routes in the economy?
                              You think the TV channels didn't pay the teams/NFL for the broadcast right?
                              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                              X