• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All kinds of international news

Iran daily holds contest for Holocaust cartoons
    Iran invites cartoons on Holocaust

Turkey launches trial of leading journalists

U.N. staff flee Afghan cartoon riots - Word of notice, the riots were damn real, they're about cartoons. Though I could easily imagine U.N people fleeing cartoons..

UK cleric found guilty of inciting murder

Top Al Qaeda convicts escape from Yemen jail
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Iran's best-selling newspaper has launched a competition to find the best cartoon about the Holocaust in retaliation for the publication in many European countries of caricatures of the Prophet Mohammad.
    Does this mean that Isreali can riot, protest and burn down the Irainian embassy in response?
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
      Does this mean that Isreali can riot, protest and burn down the Irainian embassy in response?
      Umm...where? There's no Iranian embassy anywhere in Israel
      "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Let me get this straight, they violently demonstrate against the west making these cartoons - so their stance on them is that mocking religion is wrong and should never be done. Then they openly incite people to create them for other religions.

I can almost accept the moral stance that they disaprove of the cartoons, but when they then go on to say 'behead those who draw cartoons against islam, but lets draw some about the holocaust' they lose all credibility accept for the fact that they are the aggresors.

Dont get me wrong, if they want to draw the cartoons its up to them, but where the demo's about then if they cannot practise what they preach?

I despise groups whose philosphy is 'do as i say not as i do, else something awfull will happen'.

I was glad to see in the papers yesterday that the USA is building a 45ft bomb (thats one big bang!!!) to see to the end of Irans bunkers - time to send them to their sanctuary with allah and all the virgins, guess its just lucky that im content to languish here on infidel ridden earth for as long as possible.
        is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
        Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Even if they say that mocking religion is bad to seem like they are being enlightened, they really mean that mocking them or their religion is bad and those who do should have a lot of violence occur to them.

Comment

Islam is ALL about one set of rules for Islam and another set of rules for everyone else.
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

They just want to fight, and they think we are all too fat and lazy to resist them.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                They just want to fight, and they think we are all too fat and lazy to resist them.
                We are.
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                I would still get screwed

Comment

What gets me is that although, AFAIK, there were no Jews associated with the publishing of those cartoons the Iranians think that retaliation against Jews is the appropriate response.

Why not retailiate against Christians?

Regardless, they publish this kind of crap on a daily basis anyway. They don't need to run a contest for it. And they know that we really won't care what they publish.

All they're trying to do is further their agenda to blame Jews and Israel for all the woes of the Islamic World.
                  P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Well the're blaming the US for it as well and our government has gone so far as to say it thought the publishing of them was inappropriate. Or maybe they just like burning American flags.
                    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                      We are.
                      Not all of us.. but as a society, yeah, we are a bunch of spoiled brats. No leadership could mass a million man army with enough solidarity and conviction to do anything. Political correctness shoots down the very idea of fighting back, and people listen for some reason. Maybe they just need a societal excuse to be cowards.

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
                        What gets me is that although, AFAIK, there were no Jews associated with the publishing of those cartoons the Iranians think that retaliation against Jews is the appropriate response.

Why not retailiate against Christians?

Regardless, they publish this kind of crap on a daily basis anyway. They don't need to run a contest for it. And they know that we really won't care what they publish.

All they're trying to do is further their agenda to blame Jews and Israel for all the woes of the Islamic World.
                        I think most Arabs are missing the gene for logic.

Comment

*Bzzt* Wrong KvH. There's no less logical Arabs as there are any of the rest of the world's population. The problem is the mob mentality that supercedes any logic that might already be there. No doubt there is also a sense of peer pressure. It's really no different than the riots we've had here where people just revert into irrational crowds.
                          “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

ahh... here we go... the pieces are falling into place...

Originally posted by schmosef
                            Iran Leader Denounces Prophet Cartoons
                            Iran's supreme leader on Tuesday accused Western newspapers of an Israeli conspiracy for publishing caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad.

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei told Iranian air force personnel the drawings were particularly scandalous as they came "from those who champion civilization and free expression."

The caricatures have roiled the Muslim world, touching off demonstrations, boycotts and attacks on European embassies.

They were first published in Denmark in September and then reprinted recently by numerous European newspapers in the name of free speech.

"The West condemns any denial of the Jewish holocaust, but it permits the insult of Islamic sanctities," Khamenei said.

The cartoons have offended many Muslims because Islam is interpreted to forbid any illustration of the prophet and because several drawings depict Muhammad as a man of violence.

The caricatures amounted to a "conspiracy by Zionists who were angry because of the victory of Hamas," he said, referring to the Palestinian militant group that won a surprise landslide victory in last month's elections.
                            P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Working...
                            X