Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software to fix dead pixels?

saw this on computermilitia.com:

Apparently, it can fix stuck pixels (in some cases) on LCDs by changing them rapidly.

well i've got a dead pixel so ive downloaded it and its currently working its magic, i'll let you know if it fixes it. Ive got one stuck on green on black backgrounds.
    Good little program, even if it doesnt work - i quite like the idea behind it, cheers for the heads up.
    is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
    Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

I have two Samsung 19" LCDs at home that have one stuck pixel each.

Thanks Dino, I'll try this out later.

I read once that you can try gently massaging the pixel and that it works in a lot of cases but tends to lead to more dead pixels in the long run.
      P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
        I read once that you can try gently massaging the pixel and that it works in a lot of cases but tends to lead to more dead pixels in the long run.
        Helps if you buy it drinks first though
        Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by borat
          well i've got a dead pixel so ive downloaded it and its currently working its magic, i'll let you know if it fixes it. Ive got one stuck on green on black backgrounds.
          Good little program, even if it doesnt work - i quite like the idea behind it, cheers for the heads up.
          Let us know how it works out.
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Claymonkey
            Helps if you buy it drinks first though
            nice!

Comment

Left it running for an hour, looked impressive while it was running.

Alas i still have a dead pixel.
              is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
              Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Usually a dead pixel is caused by a defect in the transistor, so a program like this wouldn't help. If the crystal was mechanically stuck due to detect in the liquid crystal material, then it might help.

Comment

So did it help anyone?

Comment

I haven't tried it yet. Got home too late last night.

Comment

didn't work for me
                      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                      Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

I believe that in some occasions, it can turn a stuck pixel (one that always displays the same colour) into a black one (which might be less obtrusive).

All in all, it depends on why the pixel isn't working as it should.

But then again: it won't hurt... so why not try it?

Jörg
                        pixar
                        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
                        X