roflmao!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roflmao!

I just called in a delivery order for some Greek food.

I have a couple of friends coming over and i don't feel like cooking.

The total came to $66.66.

The girl taking my order made a really weird sound (like she was scared of something) when she told me the total. It took me a second to figure it out but then I realised that 666 is the "mark of the beast".

I hope that she's not too scared to process my order now...

I'll let you know if my dinner is possessed!
    Last edited by schmosef; 4 February 2006, 19:02. Reason: changed the thread icon
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

well since the total came up to $66.66 you're good to go

6666 is not the mark of the beast

Comment

They guy who made the delivery showed up with one of these glasses (as a gift):

It came in a nice box too.

I guess they were really scared.

Comment

From now on I'm going to try to make all order totals form 666 somehow.
        Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
        Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
          They guy who made the delivery showed up with one of these glasses (as a gift):

It came in a nice box too.

I guess they were really scared.

Tasted this bear a few days ago, a little bitter, too light, hardly any taste.
          "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

We have a very nice Greek/American restaurant near us, but a $66 tab would be dinner for 6-8 and the food is FANTASTIC and plentiful.

Name: Little Daddy's Parthenon

This local chain was first started by former Detroit Red Wings Darren McCarty and Bob Probert and has brought flaming saganaki to the suburbs in a big way

Dr. Mordrid
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Like the one in "A Big Fat Greek Wedding"?

The nearest restaurant to here is Cypriot Greek, very popular with the locals, where a salad starter, main course, decent wine and coffee comes at about $10 per head (typical price for many restaurants)
              Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Stella Artois is the spawn of the devil, so quite fitting really. Over here it's known as "wife beater" for very good reason. People do silly things when stella-d up.
                DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

I don't drink.

It'll make a nice glass for orange juice though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                    We have a very nice Greek/American restaurant near us, but a $66 tab would be dinner for 6-8 and the food is FANTASTIC and plentiful.
                    Don't forget that this is Canadian money so it doesn't go as far.

Actually, Mr. Greek isn't the greatest. It's the biggest chain around these part though. The food is passable but not memorable. It is expensive too.

There are really great Greek restaurants on Danforth avenue downtown.

Don't get down there too often though.

The only trouble with Greek food is that, no matter how much you brush and/or gargle the next day, you can never seem to get rid of that garlicly tzatziki sauce breath.

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
                      The girl taking my order made a really weird sound (like she was scared of something) when she told me the total. It took me a second to figure it out but then I realised that 666 is the "mark of the beast".
                      depends whom you ask, looks like 616 could be the real number to go ...

http://www.telecomtally.com/blog/200...mber_of_t.html

Professor David Parker, Professor of New Testament Textual Criticism and Paleography at the University of Birmingham, thinks that 616, although less memorable than 666, is the original. He said: "This is an example of gematria, where numbers are based on the numerical values of letters in people's names. Early Christians would use numbers to hide the identity of people who they were attacking: 616 refers to the Emperor Caligula."
                      or alternatively the mighty Wikipedia ..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_...t_(numerology)

In May 2005 it was reported that scholars at Oxford University using advanced imaging techniques had been able to read previously illegible portions of an early (third century) version of the Book of Revelation, part of its Oxyrhynchus collection of papyri. The fragment gives the Number of the Beast as 616. Scholars now believe the number in question has very little to do with the devil. It was actually a complicated numerical riddle in Greek, meant to represent someone's name. "It's a number puzzle — the majority opinion seems to be that it refers to [the Roman emperor] Nero." Alternative spellings of his name, Neron and Nero, can explain the presence of both 666 and 616 in the records, since dropping the last 'n' changes its numerical value from 666 to 616 ('n' representing 50).
                      "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Originally posted by TransformX
                        Tasted this bear a few days ago, a little bitter, too light, hardly any taste.
                        Stella is vile, stay well clear.
                        is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
                        Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

In Detroit we're blessed with many very good Greek and middle eastern restaurants.

Greektown, a region of Detroit near where Sundays Super Bowl was played, has several outstanding Greek restaurants.

Nearby Dearborn has one of the largest middle eastern populations outside of the ME and likewise has outstanding eateries.

Making me hungry just thinking about 'em

Dr. Mordrid
                          Dr. Mordrid
                          ----------------------------
                          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Rakido
                            depends whom you ask, looks like 616 could be the real number to go ...

http://www.telecomtally.com/blog/200...mber_of_t.html

or alternatively the mighty Wikipedia ..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_...t_(numerology)
                            Maybe if I call and explain all that to them they'll ask for the glass back...

Comment

I thoght "6" was the number of the beast/devil and 666 stood for the devil, the anti-christ and the false prophet?
                              Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                              [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
                              X