Hauppage WinTV Scheduler is BS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hauppage WinTV Scheduler is BS

...does anyone use this steaming pile of crap? When I go to add a show to be recorded, it will REFUSE to let me pick a time beyond "59" minutes in the current hour, and no earlier than the current time.

For example, it' snow 11:34. So if I want to schedule a weekly recording of a show that's at 9PM on Tuesdays, I'm screwed. It will let me pick the channel, the days of week, etc...but it will ONLY allow me to set the start time between now (11:34) and 11:59. If I enter any time before 11:34 manually, it jumps back to 11:34. If I hit the "down" arrow on the application (next to the start time), it doesn't do anything. If I try to get wise with it and hit the up arrow to make it wrap around to "00", it will jump from ":59" to ":34".

But even if I COULD get the minutes set, it refuses to let me change the hour.

WTF?

Did they USE this software before they released it? How in the WORLD can anyone use this???

hehe..if its any consolation I have something similar happenig with my twinhan hdtv card, the schedule recoreded end time keep junping back to the start time. I have to re-set the end time twice everytime a change a setting for it not to screw up.

Comment

Why is it so difficult to write a program that will start and end at any time I want?

Another gripe: Even if my program DID work correctly, it forces you to record in 30 min intervals. If I want to record 31 mins of TV, i'm boned. I have to round up to an hour.

Comment

I quote Phaeron:

"The software that came with the card is always crap"
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Software that works: SageTV It's what I use

Comment

is this what you run?

Comment

In addition to Sage, you might want to take a look at freeware solutions such as GB-PVR (www.gbpvr.com) and MediaPortal (www.team-mediaportal.com). (I personally use CTpvr, www.ctpvr.com, which isn't free but is relatively inexpensive.)

As an aside, although it doesn't solve your particular problem, grab a free copy of Orb (www.orb.com). This is a neat application that turns your PC into a web-based multimedia server (live TV, video, audio, photos, etc.). You can access your files remotely from any internet-connected device that has a web browser and Windows Media Player or RealPlayer; no software installation is needed. (For client devices, I've tested with Windows 98/2000/XP, a Linux box, a wireless PocketPC PDA, and an Apple PowerBook.) I find Orb very handy if I want to schedule a recording from work or watch a live news broadcast or weather report.

Tony

Comment

Working...
              X