Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Priceless vases versus shoelaces... who will win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Priceless vases versus shoelaces... who will win?

Someone trips on their shoelaces and breaks THREE priceless late 17th century vases. This makes me a very sad monkey. The oddly ironic thing is that the musuem is more concerned that the klutz wasn't hurt and was able to walk away from the experience. They are going to try and restore the vases from the 'very, very small pieces'.
    Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Hm...wonder if the museum needed some quick cash?
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

why were they not behind some protective glass or something, if they were rare antique vases?
      We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by tjalfe
        why were they not behind some protective glass or something, if they were rare antique vases?
        I'm... honestly not sure. A lot of museum pieces are often out in the open. These were suppose to be their best known artifacts. Still, the more fragile the more likely it's behind some glass.
        Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

These vases were more spectacular than valuable and had already been repaired. There are thousands of Qing vases changing hands all the time. It is true that an undamaged piece of good quality is worth a lot and will fetch 6 figures in an auction, but others are worth only in the 3 figures. As you go into the "Fitzbilly", the wide staircase in question is in front of you, with a landing on which pieces are displayed.

Good jigsaw puzzle!

I've spent many a wet Saturday there, when I was living in Cambridge (1954-57).
          Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
          X