Inexpensive Wireless Router with 10/100 WAN Port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inexpensive Wireless Router with 10/100 WAN Port

Any suggestions for a Inexpensive wireless router with a TRUE 10/100 WAN port? I just found out my Net gear WRG614V4 doesn't have a true 10/100 WAN port and my cable company is going to be moving to 15/2 connection, so I want to be able to take advantage of that...
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

What do you mean that your WAN connection isn't true 10/100? Is it blocking as opposed to a non-blocking port? 15/2 up/down would be very nice. I would love to have 2Mb up.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I heartily recommend the Linksys Wireless-G router. True 10/100 WAN plus you can get high-powered aftermarket firmware for it that makes it a REAL router for cheap!

(Make sure NOT to get a rev. 5 router though, Linksys dumbed it down for rev. 5!)
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
        What do you mean that your WAN connection isn't true 10/100? Is it blocking as opposed to a non-blocking port? 15/2 up/down would be very nice. I would love to have 2Mb up.

From what I understand, its limited to 10Mbit from the WAN side (AKA Cable modem), even though the rest of the ports are at 10/100.
        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

You might want to wait on that purchase until you're sure you're getting a modem with 100Mb connection. Mine's strictly 10.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
          X