Canadians too "hedonistic" to change politics overnight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadians too "hedonistic" to change politics overnight

damn right wingers, the conservative party got voted in as a punishment to the liberal party and not because canadians want to be more "U.S. like" ug.

it's also not clear where Harper got a lot of his campaign funds. it's most likely he cheated and got some help from certain bible thumpers from south of the border.
    /meow
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    Asus Striker ][
    8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
    Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

I think having them as a minority gov is the best situation - lets the liberals know they blew it, yet keeps the conservatives relatively sedate.
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

hey! don't blame us for your own stupidity.
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

yeah i think its one of those situations like in sports where its "the liberals lost" as opposed to "the PCs won"
        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
        Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Give the PQ, Libs & NDP another decade or two and Alberta et al will be applying for statehood

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

The PC didnt win (actually lost!) in any of the major cities. Guess this show is being run from the farm now

minority goverment is what we had before the elections and nothing was getting done then. I dont foresee anything getting done now either. big fat waste of my tax money.

Harper needs the support of atleast 2 other parties to push anything through.
            The liberals arent gonna help, they are 30million$ in dept after these elections
            the NDP sees itself as the defender of civic goverment and wont go with anything that might hurt that.
            The BQ is really not happy about: 'taking orders from calgary' (in thier words) so...

I don't think there will be another election in 2 years. for one thing no one but harper can afford it. for another; the PC is going to have to make a lot of compromises. to the extent that they might turn into a 'low fat' liberal party (as in, same crap as before but let corruption scandals).

in truth i dont know but i am worried. everyone i know is worried. *sigh*

/meow
            /meow
            Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
            Asus Striker ][
            8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
            Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

Originally posted by Chrono_Wanderer
              I can see it.

Albertan Block

Now we have 6, or even 7/8 official parties represented in the House of Commons. Nice.

edit: Federal elections every 2 years if that happens. The economy, and probably Canada, is hopeless at that point.
              FWIW we have Federal elections every 2 years for the House of Representatives; every 6 years for the Senate and every 4 years for the Presdient.

IMO one of the problems with parlaimentary systems is that they foster multiple weak parties and minority governments. At leas here we make a choice one way or the other and stick with it 'til the next scheduled election.

Our system may have its problems but stability isn't one of them (Italy is a perfect example of the opposite).

Dr. Mordrid
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Remind me, Berlusconi has been in power for how long?
                There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
                X