The UNIX-HATERS Handbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The UNIX-HATERS Handbook

This is hilarious! I always knew all of you UNIX people secretly hated it If you can't be bothered to read it, at least read the foreword and preface, oh, and the anti-foreword

Explore research at Microsoft, a site featuring the impact of research along with publications, products, downloads, and research careers.

PS, this may have been posted already, but I didn't bother looking, sorry.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

This is the one that insists that Unix fulfills all the definitions of a virus, right?
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
      This is the one that insists that Unix fulfills all the definitions of a virus, right?

Yup, that's the one
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I find the book funny because it mirrors books on the same subject for other opetrating systems, especially those claimed to be superior
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

It is old, but I find the irony that he says to use a "modern" OS, and says he uses a Mac. Now that the Mac is based on Linux...
          "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Originally posted by Byock
            It is old, but I find the irony that he says to use a "modern" OS, and says he uses a Mac. Now that the Mac is based on Linux...
            It's not, it's based on BSD.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

You're right. BSD is NOTHING like Linux.
              "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

You're right. BSD is NOTHING like Linux.
                As a Linux home user who's currently coding for a NetBSD product, I couldn't agree more. Oh, how I wish NetBSD were more like Linux.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

You couldn't pay me enough to code for any BSD product.

Comment

You couldn't pay me enough to code for any BSD product.
                    Yeah, well, it's all about the licensing.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                      As a Linux home user who's currently coding for a NetBSD product, I couldn't agree more. Oh, how I wish NetBSD were more like Linux.
                      *shudder* NetBSD

*shudder* Linux

there are so, so many things I wish I had never learned...
                      "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Working...
                      X