Art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Art

I want some of this in my future flat: http://www.gravestmor.com/wp/archive...felice-varini/
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Cool!

I like the first one best... ("between full and empty"), but the last one is also interesting...

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Posted before, but along the same lines:

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Officious soulless pricks.

Comment

Portland, Oregon has a grassroots project to enhance the sense of community within sections of the city. Part of it is making intersections a gathering area instead of a crossroad for people going different ways.

It would be pretty sweet if they had artists like those linked. It would benefit both sides.
          Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
          Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

That's a cool project But I think the main thing here is the citizens creating something themselves, so an artist wouldn't really be of much help.

BTW, and please don't take this as arrogance, when I read the paragraph "Streets are usually the only public space we have in our neighborhoods. But most all of them have been designed with a single purpose in mind: moving cars around.", I couldn't think of any german city I know where this would be true.

Comment

Originally posted by az
              That's a cool project But I think the main thing here is the citizens creating something themselves, so an artist wouldn't really be of much help.
              I was thinking local artists. Portland is a fairly vibrant town even though it is a small US city (<1,000,000 in the city).

BTW, and please don't take this as arrogance, when I read the paragraph "Streets are usually the only public space we have in our neighborhoods. But most all of them have been designed with a single purpose in mind: moving cars around.", I couldn't think of any german city I know where this would be true.
              I saw the founder of the project give a talk a couple years ago. Part of his argument was based on the fact that European cities were communities that formed with the city part coming second. Here cities are planned beforehand and grids are laid out to most efficiently move cars around, then they try to stimulate districts within the grid to form something more.
              Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
              Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Yeah, we have a few cities and commuter belts here that are like that, and I wouldn't want to live in them. A city must have grown, like an organism, for it to have any soul. IMHO. Then again, maybe I'm spoiled. Berlin doesn't have all too much going for it nowadays, but at least it's got soul.

Comment

Working...
                X