• "Ultraviolet"

Ultraviolet

When: 2006

Director: Kurt Wimmer (Equilibrium)

Writer: Kurt Wimmer

Violet: Milla Jovovich
    Six: Cameron Bright

Synopsis:

Set in the late 21st century, a subculture of humans have emerged who have been modified genetically by a vampire-like disease (Hemophagia), giving them enhanced speed, incredible stamina and acute intelligence, and as they are set apart from "normal" and "healthy" humans, the world is pushed to the brink of worldwide civil war (a war between humans and hemophages) aimed at the destruction of the "diseased" population. In the middle of this crossed-fire is - an infected woman - Ultraviolet (played by Milla Jovovich), who finds herself protecting a nine-year-old boy who has been marked for death by the human government as he is believed to be a threat to humans.

Trivia:

* Kurt Wimmer wrote the script with Milla Jovovich in mind as the lead character.

* Milla Jovovich's character uses a more authentic variant of "Gun Kata" - a unique blend of gunfighting and martial arts developed by director Kurt Wimmer for his previous film Equilibrium (2002).

* While on the set, Kurt Wimmer asked Milla Jovovich to punch him, in order to get a feel for the intensity she was putting in her action sequences. For the next several days, Wimmer directed the film with a black eye.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

You got my hopes up, I thought this would be a film of the series Ultraviolet, that was about vampires as well.

Comment

Looks good. I really enjoyed Equilibrium.
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Yawn.

I saw the preview before Underworld Evolution. She looks good. Genetically enhanced/different people against humanity. Tired retread.

Comment

Working...
        X