Logitech Harmony 520

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logitech Harmony 520

Just came in today!! Setup took very little time, and was very easy (all done on computer). Works flawlessly - finally got rid of the clutter of remotes

Pretty cheap too - after taxes and shipping came out to just under $100 CAD

(this was also my first purchase from ncix.com - great experience, very fast - i ordered it sunday night, got here this morning [tuesday])
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

What's the display used for?
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Basically it tells you what is active, or asks what you want to activate - for example, on my setup, I can hit the Activities button and it will ask me what I want to do: Watch TV, Watch a DVD, Watch a VHS, or Listen to a CD. I can then select one of these, and it will turn on or off the components that I need and then switch to the correct inputs/channel on the device. Or, I can hit the device button and select which component I want to control (equivalent of hitting the TV or VCR button on a regular remote). You can then use either the buttons on the remote to perform an action on that device, or, as there is a limited number of buttons on the remote, you can scroll through the pages of options on the display for that device (there are 4 buttons + the 2 for scrolling through pages associated with the display).
      When the display is lit up it is very easy to read.

I was a bit concerned with how it would work with my digital cable box, because I thought they were fairly region-specific, but it works perfectly so far!
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
      Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

I've got a Harmony 880. Love it.

It's amazing how many devices they know about on the harmony web site.
        P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Working...
        X