Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Creative Sound Blaster Audigy drivers

Filename: SBAX_WEBUP_LB_2_08_0004.exe

This download contains an improved version of the drivers found on the Sound Blaster Audigy®, Audigy 2 series, and Audigy 4 series installation CDs. It also supports Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional x64 Edition.

This download supports the following audio devices only:

Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy including Platinum and Platinum eX series
    Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 including Platinum, Platinum eX, and Value series
    Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS including Platinum and Platinum Pro series
    Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro and Sound Blaster Audigy 4
    This download also includes the following application:

Creative Audio Console
    The application enables you to use the Sound Blaster Audigy, Audigy 2 series, and Audigy 4 series features and functions.

Requirements:

Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows XP Service Pack 2, or Windows 2000
    Sound Blaster Audigy, Audigy 2 series, or Audigy 4 series audio devices listed above
    Notes:

This download will uninstall the drivers for your existing audio device before proceeding with the installation.
    For Audigy 2 and Audigy 4 series only: After updating your driver, download and install Creative MediaSourceâ„¢ DVD-Audio Player DVDA_PCApp_LB_2_00_75.exe.
    Creative MediaSource DVD-Audio Player is unavailable for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
    Do not install this driver for the Creative Sound Blaster Audigy LS or Sound Blaster Audigy SE audio device.

Gurm? You usually know the most about Creative releases, and how to get the most from them. Any info for us this time?
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

hmm... still running off of a fortissimo III but thinking more and more about going back to Creative. I haven't touched them since I bought the first Live Gamer. These newer drivers and no-bloat is tempting.
      Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

I use the kx driver for my Audigy. I like the working ASIO support.
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Wow, you need a third party driver for Creative cards to get working ASIO and/or no bloat? And I thought I had problems with Terratec drivers...

BTW, I can keep the ex's 6fire. Yay!
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
          X